Hi All,

there is a good article in the Sept. issue of Reader's Digest about

the Hidden Power of Friendship. It mentions there is solid

scientific evidence that friendship can extend life and give a

person a stronger immune system. People with plentiful social

support are also less likely to suffer from depression, anxiety and

other mental problems.

It goes on to say that friends are likely to encourage a person to

take good care of yourself and help out when a health crisis looms.

Another great reason for all of us to be supportive of each other in

the RP group. I for one have made some wonderful friends here and

they have been of tremendous help to me.

Love, Marilyn

Lucy here, I second what Marilyn said!!! Love and Prayers to everyone. Lucy

-- Friendship

Hi All, there is a good article in the Sept. issue of Reader's Digest about the Hidden Power of Friendship. It mentions there is solid scientific evidence that friendship can extend life and give a person a stronger immune system. People with plentiful social support are also less likely to suffer from depression, anxiety and other mental problems. It goes on to say that friends are likely to encourage a person to take good care of yourself and help out when a health crisis looms. Another great reason for all of us to be supportive of each other in the RP group. I for one have made some wonderful friends here and they have been of tremendous help to me.Love, Marilyn

• 7 years later...

That sounds positive Pinky Joyce..remember that gemstones are found INSIDE really daggy looking Rocks!

$$$$ might make the World go round (Lately in a Tail Spin!!!!) but it doesn't make Friendship!

Here's to Friendship with you m'dear..

in Oz

> > >> > >> > > From: Dyane Billings dyanebillings@> > > Subject: Re:> > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 1:05 PM> > >> > >> > > Â> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Bruce,> > > Â> > > Thank you for your kind words, I know you have told how much> > your counselor has helped you. I have delt with depression for over> > 20 years and have been through several councelors in the that> > time. Right now I just need someone to unload to.  I> > don't want to worry my children any more than they are, my husband> > passed away almost 2 years ago, and I have always been a WWOG -> > woman with/out girlfriends - always been a loner. I know enough to> > know I need to talk to a professional. I would like to have> > the peace of mind you do.> > >  Dyane, 54, Phoenix, IIP 02 now NSIP 09, Breast Cancer, Psoriasis,> > Lipodermatosclerosi s, Diabetes, and now a RA like autoimmune component,> > yadda yadda yadda.> > >> > >> > > "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving is a> > pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly> > used up, totally worn out, chocolate in one hand, Margaritas in the> > other, loudly proclaiming "Holy **** What a ride!"."> > >> >>