RemedySpot.com

Fwd: from Sally please READ: Cure for MS? and RP?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

This was on the TM group and this may brighten up your day, this is a high hope for us too. I have more on cells that I'll post and we can prayer for real help in a treatment or CURE!!!

Love ya

Sally

Dear TM friends, here is a copy of an article sent to me. As those of us heard

when we went to the California TM conference, stem cells could possibly be the source

of a cure for some of us.

And for those who are so adamantly opposed, please note before writing disparaging

replies to the list, that these stem cells came from Mr. McCulloch--not an embryo.

Judy Silverman

Stem Cell Transplant Cures Australian Man of Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,4723790^662,00.

html

MS man feels on top of the world

By EVONNE BARRY, health reporter

18jul02

TERMINAL illness came heavily disguised as a blessing for Bruce McCulloch.

Diagnosed with multiple sclerosis seven years ago, he was dealt another massive blow last year. The Altona father of two was devastated by news he had multiple myeloma, a fatal form of bone cancer. "It was a big shock, but I'd done all my screaming in '95," Mr McCulloch, 51, said.

Armed with the resolve that pulled him through his MS diagnosis and the breakdown of his marriage, Mr McCulloch set himself a goal. When his 17-year-old son was six weeks old, the former navy tradesman bought an expensive bottle of scotch while visiting Japan. "I told the doctors I wanted to share it with him on his 21st birthday," Mr McCulloch said.

While preparing for cancer treatment at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Mr McCulloch was told of research that might alleviate MS symptoms. But even his doctors were shocked by the progress of the man known to staff as "the amazing man in bed three".

MS, a degenerative disease of the nervous system, had left Mr McCulloch dependent on a walking stick and wheelchair. But in January he fulfilled a lifelong ambition and climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge. "Before I could not even walk around the block," said Mr McCulloch, a volunteer MS Society ambassador. "Chemo had a really good effect on my legs."

A stem cell transplant -- where bone marrow cells are removed to be returned after high doses of chemotherapy -- had an even greater impact. "I haven't used my walking stick since," Mr McCullough said. "And I went dancing last weekend. I hadn't danced for seven years."

Who needs a wheelchair? Bruce McCulloch has made a remarkable recovery from multiple sclerosis.

Picture: Caird