RemedySpot.com

My PCP & rheumy visits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, went to my Internist yesterday & the rheumy today.

I don't know if I continue to go backwards or stay the same. They still are not doing anything about the foot swelling. Now she found fluid in my belly. She also discovered a slight heart murmur which I have not had before. She is concerned because of the heart involvement with the disease. She will watch this closely. Told her I was denied disability & she had a fit. I took the paperwork to her today when I went to the rheumy. She is going to look into it. She said there is no way I can work at any job. I can't stand or walk for more than 5 minutes or so before I am in excruciating pain in my back caused by the prednisone. I now have a handicapped card for the car because of my breathing problems & walking.

At the rheumy today he lowered my prednisone to 25 for 2 weeks & then 20 for 2 weeks & kept me on the Methotrexate 15 mg on Monday. I have minimal side effects, thank God. I spend some time in the bathroom on Monday & Tuesday. I also have some minimal nausea & am real tired which I think is a combination of the disease & the MTX. He was not pleased with the fact that the Ortho did nothing for my achilles tendon. It was partially ruptured a month ago but because of the disease & the prednisone & surgery is not an option because of the disease & the prednisone, it would not heal properly. The option was to go to the Ortho & get casted or braced. He told me I was up a creek without a paddle because I am a prime candidate for blood clots if they cast or brace because of the edema in my legs & feet. So I have to baby it & it will take a few months for it to heal this way. It's not too bad, but the back of the ankle is real sore & sometimes the pain goes up to the back of the knee.

I go to the eye Dr. & the ENT on Monday. I have to get the vertigo problem checked out because I am stumbling again when I walk. I think it is a combination of the vertigo, drugs & weakened leg muscles. It's especially difficult when I get up from sitting or laying.

Will keep you updated on all my problems.

Luv ya,

Susiecue