Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Heidi, My cholesteral is ALWAYS high 319, and has always been high no matter

what. They tell me it is heredity. It doesn't matter what meds I take, it

is always high. I did bring it down with Garlic and flax seed oil. The

brand I use is Kaolic or something like that. I will go look when I get up

next time. LOL I buy them at vitaminshoppe.com where I get my acidopholis

(PB8 ) that Connie recommended. It really saves me money.

When I had my heart cath they told me my arteries are all clear, so that is

good news. Proves that you can have high cholesteral and not clogged

arteries. (although it is my goal to get it down).

Don't go stressing yourself. PLEASE. Don will be fine. I'm glad his test

will be done this week.

Know I'm thinking of you and Don both

hugs

Guest guest

Heidi, I take liquid garlic each am. I take about 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1 Tsp of flaxseed oil and a shot of crabberry juice each am. I made up my own drink since I am taking both garlic (Kyolic) and flaxseed oil and I added the juice to break the taste. Isn't bad at all. Also, once took 2 capsules of activated charcoal 3 times a day for 4 weeks and it brought my cholesterol way, way down. I am now taking it again to see if will help with blood pressure. Only thing be sure to take the charcoal 1 hour before or 4 hours after prescription meds. It may interfere with some meds. This is what my book said do.

Prayers are with you and Don.

Love you Sweetie,

Granny

---Original Message-----To: RP GROUP <Rpolychondritis >Date: Saturday, June 15, 2002 9:46 PMSubject: GOT ??????

Ok It's just me and I got a ? for anyone.

Don's Blood work came back and even true he was taking cholesterol meds his Cholesterol was still high. It is 231 right now. Dr. did take him off his Cholesterol meds because of the liver problem. Still don't know what the results are from the High Density Cat Scan. Dr. said for now we should try Garlic Pills. So her is the ? what kind ?? Are there different kinds or what ?? Or is there something better out there to try ??? Dang I have been watching his diet too and still it comes out high. He is NOT getting very much red meat either or eggs.

What else should I try ??? Short of shooting him LOL High Cholesterol does run in his family. Monday he is going for his Echocardiogram. Hospital called yesterday and changed it to Monday.Thank's for any help you can send my way. Love you all.

Heidi

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/15/02 6:36:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time, hcf@...

writes:

<< (Kyolic) and flaxseed oi >>

Mom, I knew you'd know the name of it. Thanks, now I don't have to get up

and look. LOL

You taught me about the flaxseed oil. Now I'm going to take your advice on

the charcoal.

I love you and am keeping you in my prayers.

hugs

one of many loving daughters.

Guest guest

Heidi,

This is just something that worked for me, you are welcome to try it or not! The Zone diet helped me to lower my cholesterol and lose weight. It involves balancing the protein, carbohydrates, and fats in the diet. It really did help me. There are several books by Barry Sears that describe it better than I am doing. His main premise is that high cholesterol comes from having an insulin level that is too high. This is controlled with the 30/40/40 balancing of the nutrients you eat. (That's 30% fat, 40% carbs, 40% protein) The important part is that the carbs come from fruits and vegetables, not grains and rice! Anyway, you might want to take a look! By all means, ask Don's doctor as well!

Good Luck -- Kathleen (TX)

GOT ??????

Don's Blood work came back and even true he was taking cholesterol meds his Cholesterol was still high. It is 231 right now. Dr. did take him off his Cholesterol meds because of the liver problem. Still don't know what the results are from the High Density Cat Scan. Dr. said for now we should try Garlic Pills. So her is the ? what kind ?? Are there different kinds or what ?? Or is there something better out there to try ??? Dang I have been watching his diet too and still it comes out high. He is NOT getting very much red meat either or eggs.

What else should I try ??? Short of shooting him LOL High Cholesterol does run in his family. Monday he is going for his Echocardiogram. Hospital called yesterday and changed it to Monday.Thank's for any help you can send my way. Love you all.

Heidi

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Hi Heidi,

in Germany 231 Colesterol is no problem for the Dr. I have 260 Colesterol - but there are two different Colesterols.

HDL ( which is the bad) one and LDL (that's the good one). I have 95,0 mg/dl from HDL Colesterol and 133mg/dl LDL. So it's o.k.!

You had to calculate LDL : HDL. For me the result is 1,4 - and it is good until 4.

Did your Dr. do this special Blood work?

I get nearly vegetarian for this and for RP!

Love

Doris

GOT ??????

Heidi