RemedySpot.com

My ENT & Ophthalmologist visits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Had my visits today. The Ophthalmologist said the cataract hasn't changed and the pressure is down in both eyes. The cataract will continue to progress as long as I am on the pred. He is pleased & will see me in three months.

The ENT visit was for a certain type of vertigo, not the regular kind most people get. It has a real long name & of course I don't remember it. He explained it that you have crystals in your ear & sometimes they will get lodged sort of like in a dam which causes the vertigo. This is what was causing my dizziness when I layed on my back when I would go to bed, all the falling problems at the holidays, the dizziness when I get up & it hits when I walk about 10 feet etc. He had me lay on this table with my feet slightly elevated. My head was hanging off the end. He had me turn my head to the right, there was a little dizziness, then the left, it increased. Finally he had me turn on my right side, boy did I have a major dizzy spell. He said this exercise released the crystal back into the river as he called it. I have to sleep either in the recliner or propped up on pillows for two nights & have some other things to do to prevent it from getting lodged again. I also have some irritation in both ears which he gave me some drops for.

Had my 5th dose of MTX today, not feeling too shabby. Am down to 25 of pred, go down to 20 next week.

Been having a real bad time with mood swings though. I have been crying a lot. My oldest daughter told me yesterday that I should get some new doctors that know how to take care of me. I don't think she has come to grips with this yet. Ted explained to her that it is all a trial & error & there is no miracle pill or cure that is going to make me better. This will not go away. I'm just waiting for the day when I feel sort of well again. It's getting better but it is so frustrating. I'm having minor ear flares where it turns red & warm. My throat & eyelids have been swelling. But as long as it's not like when I had my major flare in September when I was Dx'd I consider myself lucky. I just wish I felt better.

Luv ya,

Susiecue