RemedySpot.com

Fwd: [TMIC] steriods ?from Sally

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

After 7 years of steroids my wife had to have her hip replaced... yup it's very real.

Tom

-----Original Message-----From: 3570@... Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 9:43 AMTo: dancingfoot@...; SpiritAura@...Cc: tmic-list@...Subject: Re: [TMIC] steriods"Other problems to be aware of necrosis of the hips(very very nasty) and that you are at increased risk of infection for quite a while after treatment."I am here to testify that this is very true. I developed AVN (Avascular Necrosis) because of the multiple solu-medrol treatments I received (I'm 30). I had my right hip replaced last August and will be having my left one replaced sometime this year. Besides your hips, your knees and your shoulders are also suceptible to AVN. I still have to have x-rays on my knees to see what kind of damage the steroids have done. In my opinion, I will not go through any more steroid treatments because of all the problems it has caused to my body. For me anyway, I think the risk is too much.By the way, I will be going in to have my baby on July 1. I am being induced because of the severe pain in my left hip. I can barely walk without falling and it's no fun being 9 months pregnant and having AVN! Take Care.