RemedySpot.com

Re: grieving :it happens to all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

My Dad has been gone for 6 years and it is hard when you stop and think about them, no matter how long they have been gone . But the best part of it is all the memories you have and with mine is that my parents had a long retirement, 76-96. My Mom told me that my Dad had a rich and full life and he went peacefully. My one prayer was that my parents lived long enough for them to go to Alaska, it was my Dad's one wish and he got it. I didn't care what happened afterward as long as he got to go. Only the last year my Dad wasn't doing as much and really slowed down, they did go to New England from Fla. for the summer. They did nothing but camping, they went to Alaska 3 times, I went for 3 weeks once and could have stayed for 3 mos., the pictures they took were fantastic. All the people they met and the things they did I will never get the chance to do. Mom has about 100 family and friends she writes to at Xmas.

Things are different now and the younger gen. won't be so lucky,alot of them, they don't have a close family as when we grew up (I am 54 ). The value and respondabilities aren't there either. We need to make each day count cuz we never know when someone's turn comes. All the special days are the hardest and so you cry alittle then YOU SMILE when you remember he hasn't gone only in body and he is in your HEART!!!!!!!!! It takes time and we all know what that is. You can help your Mom & family and yourself when you talk about the good times, the more people there is the more memories cuz your Dad is looking down on you all.

The only bad part about my Dad is that my Mom told him to watch over me. LOL I told her it would take my Dad and about 20 others for that duty. LOL After all these years she still cann't figure me out, she says I'm the one who gave her all the white hair!! That is not fair, she always told me to be myself! LOL I cann't help being the middle child and attract double like a magnet, right??? They say life is an adventure but I if I want that I would go to an amusement park