RemedySpot.com

Medicine ????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I want to talk about all the medicine everyone is taking. I mean this post is NOT just for the ones with RP. OK.

All of you are taking so much Medicine each and everyday and I was wondering how many of you are taking Medication to PROTECT your stomach from the Medicine you are taking ???

Don's case here. Here is a list of just the stomach PROTECTING medicine Don has

to take EACH DAY !!!!!!!!

He has to take 2 Prilosec each day and 1 Cytotec 100mg 4 x a day and

2 Tums 3 x a day to help PROTECT his tummy from getting in trouble.Plus the Tums give him Calcium he needs also.He does take the Sugar free ones. Heck he is sweet enough. LOL

At one time in his life Don did have a stomach Ulcer so there for now due to the fact he is taking so much medicine everyday he needs this even more, so he wont get a bleeding Ulcer or god knows what else. All his DRS. here" thank god " due believe in Preventing trouble before it gets here if at all possible. So how about you are you taking Precaution ??? How often does your Drs check your tummy for a problem ???

When was the last time he checked your Colon ??? Due you ,your self also keep a eye on your stool color ??? How about your Urine??? Please think about this. Why add more problems if you can help prevent them maybe. Now to Prednison the drug everyone hates the most. Well in many ways we have to be grateful for it because it is helping to control the darn RP. On the other hand it is also causing a lot of Problems. The one thing you have to remember with this is once you due get the RP under control you can get off the prednison in time or cut it way down.

BUT please understand this ,this is a VERY SLOW process getting off of it. It took Don all most 9 months to come off the last 3 mg. He has now been off since Jan I think. Some of you may not be able to come of all the way but sure be able to come down in time. You just have to be patience. Don was on it for over 5 years. And we realize there may come a time he has to go back on it. that is OK because that is what helping him stay alive and getting the darn RP back in it's sleeping mood. We learnt from the Mayo Clinic once you are down to 10mg of prednison you should ONLY LOWER IT BY 1 MG PER MONTH !!!! Your body needs that time to readjust it's self. As we found out in Don's case it just took much longer for the last few mg. Remember everyone of you is different, just don't give up or get in a hurry. So please think about all this and if you are NOT taking anything to Protect your tummy even if you never had a Ulcer why wait till you have a problem ??? So get your fanny to your Dr. and tell him hey I need this before I get any more problems.Remember you paying him he is working for you it is your Health!!!!!! Ok I hush for now .Just remember please take your Medicine and Vitamins

like you should everyday ON TIME !!!

Love you all

Heidi

DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU