RemedySpot.com

Fwd: [TMIC] Aging with a Disability ????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,

Forgive me if I sent this before. I cann't remember if I did or didn't {LOL} but I thought it was worth sending again. It gives us food for thought and a hard look at the future we did not except to be living. We can hope to make the best of it and pray that this will not be so as our cure in the future is close by.

I wish everyone a great weekend and as painfree as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your families too. So glad came through her surgery wiht flying colors.

Love ya all

Sally

http://www.newmobility.com/review_article.cfm?id=167 & action=browse (copy and paste into browser window)

The above link was a very interesting read - depressing as heck - but a foretelling of what to expect. Boy, could I relate to almost everything. It's been 17 (July 29th) years since I fell paralyzed from the waist down with TM and I'll be turning 30 this year.

I can relate to the fatigue and additional health problems (weight gain & thyroid dysfunction) and the person who said they were 55 but felt like 110. I also learned that the disabled are four times more likely to develop diabetes - which also runs prevalent from my mother's side. Wonderful news - NOT!

I'm still waiting for the part though where I'm supposed to be more accepting of my disability ...