RemedySpot.com

Running through the rain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. She must have

>>>been 6 years >>>old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence. >>>It was >>>pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of >>>rain >>>gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to >>>flow down >>>the spout. >>> >>>We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of >>>the >>>Wal-Mart. We waited, some patiently, others irritated because >>>nature messed >>>up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I get >>>lost in >>>the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust >>>of the >>>world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child come >>>pouring >>>in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day. >>> >>>Her voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all >>>caught >>>in. >>> >>>"Mom, let's run through the rain," she said. >>> >>>"What?" Mom asked. >>> >>>"Let's run through the rain!" She repeated. >>> >>>"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit," Mom replied. >>> >>>This young child waited about another minute and repeated: >>>"Mom,let's run >>>through the rain." >>> >>>"We'll get soaked if we do," Mom said. >>> >>>"No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning," the >>>young girl >>>said as she tugged at her Mom's arm. >>> >>>"This morning? When did I say we would run through the rain and >>>not get >>>wet?" >>> >>>"Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his >>>cancer, you >>>said, "If God can get us through this, he can get us through >>>anything!'" >>> >>>The entire crowd stopped dead silent. You couldn't hear anything >>>but the >>>rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few >>>minutes. >>>Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now >>>some >>>would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even >>>ignore >>>what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young >>>child's >>>life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will >>>bloom >>>into faith. >>> >>>"Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If >>>God >>>let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing," Mom said. >>>Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as >>>they >>>darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their >>>shopping >>>bags over their heads just in case, but they got soaked. >>> >>>But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like >>>children all >>>the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I >>>needed >>>washing. >>> >>>Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, >>>they can >>>take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no >>>one can >>>ever take away your precious memories... So, don't forget to make >>>time to >>>take the opportunities to make memories every day! >>> >>>To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under >>>heaven. >>> >>> HOPE YOU STILL TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN >>> >>>* Keep in touch with your friends, you never know when you'll need >>>each >>>other. * >>>