RemedySpot.com

My visit to Seattle and Dr. Buckner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I will try to keep this short but I just want to let you all know that, after going to Seattle to see Dr. Buckner, I can honestly say that I believe the money we donated to her for research has gone to a very good cause. After she did a check-up on me and we discussed my medical history and she gave me additional information about RP (your ears DON'T have to be red to be having a flare), I asked her about her research on RP. It is moving along slowly because they are currently in the process of putting all of the information on computer. During our conversation I mentioned to her that with all the illnesses I have, it's difficult to know which one is "flaring" and causing the pain. She said that in her research she is currently working on a test that will determine exactly WHAT illness is causing us to flare or hurt, i.e., RP, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, etc., etc.. To me, that was great news because I never know what medication to take because I don't know what's causing the pain. (I also donated more blood for her research while there.)

I also want to say to you who haven't met Dr. Buckner, she's a lovely lady and extremely easy to talk to. She spent an hour and a half with me and my husband on the first visit and about 45 minutes on the second visit. We were in Seattle only 5 days. I was also very impressed with the Virginia Mason Clinic/Hospital. They truly believe in the team approach. I saw a total of 6 doctors while I was there. They each talked to one another and they put their consultations and their test/lab results on the computer for all of the doctors to see, so each time I saw a new doctor they already knew what the other doctors had done as well as their thoughts regarding my condition before they ever saw me. It was nice not to have to go through the whole spiel each time I saw a doctor. Oh, and when I told them I had RP, they didn't look at me as if I were speaking a foreign language. THAT was REALLY unique. LOL

Well, I'm sorry I didn't keep this short as promised, but I wanted you to know that our research money has gone to a good cause and is working for US.

Love,

T.

Guest guest

, thank you so much for you information on Dr. Buckner and the Research

Center. I sure wish we could all go there. I checked into it, but my

insurances is only good in Calif. DARN!!!

I'm so glad that you finally got some good results. Isn't it amazing how

much better you feel mentally when a dr. believes you and listens and takes

time. You are lucky. You are always in my thoughts girl. Let us know what

the plan will be to get you better.

hugs

claudia