RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Methotrexate -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, well I can see you have a lot of input on the metho. lOL See, ask in this group and you will get an answer or many.

I think you will do fine on the metho. AS we all know we are all different. I had to start slow. I was started on 4 tab of 2 1/2mg of it. I had to work up slowly. I did get the migraine and deep bone pain from it. My rheumy then thought it was because of the fibro. No, it didn't help the fibro. (sorry) I wasn't too nauseated which surprised me because I have a really sensitive stomach. I was really tired. I worked up to 25mg a week. I did this for a year. The headaches went away as did the nausea after my body adjusted. I was still fatigued but not where I couldn't do anything, but then I forced myself to do stuff. I took mine on Fridays at first then discoved I was sick and tired for the weekend. Since I don't work, Idecided to take mine on Sunday nights so I would be sick and tired on Monday and maybe Tues. I did take folic acid with mine. I never did have a bad blood test in the whole year I took it.

The reason I decided to switch to something else is because I could never get below 20 mg of pred. so it really wasn't working for me. DUH!! lOL Since you are already on 3mg of pred (YIPPEE) you might be able to just take the low dose of metho to get you off the pred and control your flares. That would be great for your diabetes, wouldn't it??

I wish you lots of luck and know that metho is a wonder drug for many,many people. I just know it will work for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

hugs

I am to begin MTX as well. I am supposed to start at 7.5 mg per week. I am sorry we both have to take it, but it does help to know that I am not alone in this... I am also very nervous about it and really don't want to take it! But then I hate the pred and want off it, so I guess I had better quit whining and bite the bullet. When are you going to start on it?

Kathleen

AMEN!!!!

-- Re: Re: Methotrexate -

RP sucks!Fibro too!blue/02Blue, boy you got that right!! DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU