RemedySpot.com

Replay to Liz

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you very much Liz for telling me how other countries doing X mass. Yes I agree with you everyone stresses out way to much over X mass. My daughters and I had a talk about that many years ago and we did change a few things so we all could enjoy the Holiday much better. As you know I do my shopping early or should say true out the year. Yup, I am a bargain Hunter. LOL With 8 grandkids you have to be. LOL Matter of fact I already have the BIG kids X mass for next year. I only buy when it is on sale. Also since all our Kids are married and now have Kids and another side of the Family we do the Family X mass this year on the 21 Dec. And guess what it is going to be finger food this year and everyone has to bring something.

Now let me tell you that was hard for me at the beginning because I normally did it all. But my Daughters put there foot down and said "Mom

you are doing way to much and we are BIG kids now so we are going to do our fare chare of it too. " On X mass eve only 3 of the 6 Kids and there families coming over. The others go to the other side of families. Ja as you know us Germans do celebrated on X mass eve. That part has not changed for me. On X mass morning we go to my Oldest daughter House for a brunch Breakfast. The have done that sine the day the got married . It is only for both sets of Parents. Boy the do put on a big meal let me tell you. Let me tell you all of us have less stress now and can really enjoy the Holiday. The funny part my Kids do many things now the way I do. Shop early. LOL The other thing we do is cut down on the gift giving !!!! Like I said before the kids don't have any spare money either and Don + I have everything we need so the make us coupons

for the coming year. We really enjoy does. Because the do it with love. But X mass is not about giving gifts now is it. We do tell the X mass story on X mass eve when we are all together. Just the Time we spend together and knowing what X mass is all about makes it so much more enjoyable. Well Liz I hope you have a wonderful X mass no matter where you at. Love you

Heidi