RemedySpot.com

Sherrie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sherrie, I'm glad that some testing is being done. I want you to be aware the ANY tube going down your throat is a risk if you have RP. YOu should tell them to use smaller pediatric tubes. If by chance you do have any RP in your throat, you don't want to irritate it. I will look, i'm sure it is written in Dr. Karin Harp's article or Dr. Trenthams. I know it is on file with my medic alert for me.

If you do have RP and are flaring, going off the pred is not the right thing. Remember, I'm no doctor and this is just my opinion. If you are tapering and feel you are getting worse, you need to tell your dr and maybe "UP" the pred and find another medication to go with it. (Methotrexate, Imuran, Plaquenil, etc). There are alot out there. If you are tapering and your nose is still flareing I would definately take all the information you can to your dr and go over it with him. If he won't listen, you might want to fire him.LOL Or just go get a second opinion.

I worry about you girl... Please take care and let us know what's happening.

hugs

• 1 month later...

Sherrie, me and my sister are really close to, but she is still in denial. I have just learned to be patient with her. I think she is scared too. It is so hard on family members, sometimes worse then us.

hugs

Sherrie, Yes, I think the lack of sleep is coming from the increased dose of Pred. On my sleep study, they didn't find any restless leg. I have had 4 done already and will have the 5th one this month. They keep finding more stuff wrong. LOL NO MORE!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! (On ordering your medic alert bracelet) See everyone.... I got to another one. Who's next??? Wish I had prizes for you all. Job well done Sherrie ( or did you just hear the horror stories about my nagging? ) LOL

hugs