RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Elaine M

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Elaine, Yes, you must have a guardian angel.. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this. Gosh, it just never seeems to end. I hope this is the last of your house excapades. You poor thing.

Just know we have missed you too and I am sure glad you are back. You make our life interesting. LOL

love ya

Hi Dawn,

I don't think the inspector or anyone could have realized that the sewer line would collapse. The insurance adjuster was in and it looks good, but it still has to go to her supervisor. She was surprised at how little damage there was and even said she'd see it her supervisor would waive the deductible because of all the work we did. We won't know for sure for the next few days but she said she didn't anticipate any problems. So I'm keeping everything crossed.

Wish us luck.

Take care,

Elaine M

-----Original Message-----From: Dawn Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 10:26 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: RE: Re: Elaine M

elaine this is something that the inspector should have caught, don't you think dawn Elaine & wrote:

Hi Dawn,

Unfortunately there was no disclosure on the house as the lady was very old, and her family couldn't say for sure. We did have a building inspector come in and he took 5 hours to go through it and gave it a good rating so I think he would have found evidence of previous flooding.

We had our sewer dug up today and it was colapsing. It was plugged on our end and the city's end with rags. The city came in and sucked out the lines but said because there was rags in there that they couldn't do much else. They also said that the rags were there for a while so we think it might have been the old lady or when they came in to clean the house. It would have been fine if the line wasn't colapsing. Fortunately we only had to have the sewer done so it be alot less. Plus the parimeter drains are working just in time because it's pouring out, started right when they finished the job. If it would have been any later we would have flooded again with all the rain. Must be a guardien angel somewhere!!

The insurance guys are coming in tomorrow We just told them about the red dye and they were said they'd come and look. The reno guy is going to be here to support us strogly believe that there is a drain inside probably under a wal or closet.

Hopefully it will go well. Thanks to all the cleanup we did when it first happened it will only be a small claim so maybe they'll be a little more willing when the see that we didn't lose any personal property, just the floor.

Any how thanks for the support. Hope you feel well today.

Take care

Elaine M

-----Original Message-----From: Dawn Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 4:06 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: Re: Update on Elaine M

Elaine

If I were you I would diffently fight this, if it has alredy happened once, you know it might happen again. The other thing I thought of, did the people you bought the hosue from tell you this has happened to them. Because I think there is a law that states that they have to disclose every that is wrong or that could happened. You may want to check with your neighbors and see how much this happens, if the people you bought it from knew about it and did not tell you, you may have a second line of defense there. Just a thought. If you find out they did know and didn't report it, I would talk to a lawyer.

If this is the first time it has happened I would fight it all t he way, because it coudl happened again, if the city doesnt correct the problem.

just a thought

dawn

idelaine wrote: Yep Dawn it's a bummer!!!!I think it's really crappy too!!! Matter of fact it's the shits!! Hee! Hee!Well it doesn't look like the insurance will help us because they didn't find a drain but we will keep trying and we are going to the tribunal. Sounds like something from Survivor. The way I feel I think I'm on Survivor, the stinky castle dungeon episode!!! The reno company deodorized so it's not stinky anymore, it wasn't very stinky to begin with because we cleaned so much of it up when it first happened. We can also hire an independent adjuster and get his opinion and we might just do that.I also have my friend at the newspaper who rights about the city and is very interested in our story. We've found out that the city sewer backs up fairly often and they always deny it, so you have to take them to court. My friend said that our street was slated for upgrade bu HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Thanks Cludia,

Glad I can keep you guys amused with my house-capades!!! I do have a very strange and wonderful life. Today I had a drunk man jump in front of my car. Thought I was going to hit him, I was sooo frightened. I think he's in the drunk tank now becuse he did it to my husband too on the way home just a few minutes later, only he head butted my husbands car. So I guess today goes down as definately strange!!!

Take care

Elaine M