RemedySpot.com

Methotrexate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

Okay, I should have paid more attention when you talked about methotrexate. Yesterday my doctor took me off Imuran and put me on metho. I do NOT want to be on it, because I DO remember reading the horrible side effects some of you have had. She does not think Imuran is working for me, she wants me to continue lowering the Pred (I'm now on 3 mg. YIPPEE!), and she has started me on a low dose of 4 pills weekly of the metho with the possibility of increasing. She also gave me Folic Acid to take every day. I am also taking 2400 mgs. of Ibuprofen daily. She will be doing lab work monthly. PLEASE give me any hints you have found that work best for you to lessen the nausea, migraines, etc. Is it better to take it in the morning or evening? What should I expect? She thinks the Fibro is contributing to my pain as much as the RP. Does metho work on Fibro? I am EXTREMELY tired already, and I'm afraid the metho will take the last ounce of energy I have left.

She is also sending me for a full body bone scan. I've been having a lot of chest pain, and she thinks it could be caused by chest wall inflammation(?). Does anyone have any information about THAT?

Thanks for any information or suggestions you can give me. I pray for everyone that is in pain and rejoice with all of you that are feeling well....even if it's only for a day.

God bless,