RemedySpot.com

Re: CYTOXAN UPDATE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THANKS FOR THE REPORT ON CYTOXIN.....I'M ON IT AND NEEDED THE INFORMATION...HELPS ME TO FEEL MORE AT EASE TAKING IT......NINA

CYTOXAN UPDATE

HI, I found this article on my favorite med.(NOT) CYTOXAN I thought somebody might find it interesting. I am trying to find all the info and hopefully something positive about this awful drug I am on. NANCYHealth Newsfeed # 1359 UPDATE ON CYTOXANAmericans get a lot of medical news. Novel approaches, bold experiments. If it's all so great, why aren't we curing more diseases? In fact, we are. Aplastic anemia is a case in point. This autoimmune disorder causes bone marrow to stop making red and white blood cells and platelets. An unusual drug called Cytoxan can get rid of malfunctioning cells of the immune system while sparing the healthy ones. The effect is a sort of "reboot" of the whole disease-fighting system. In studies at s Hopkins Cytoxan has essentially cured aplastic anemia patients. It shows great promise for other auto-immune disorders as well, such as lupus. Dr. Brodsky is running many of the clinical trials. We're learning its safety, how to give it better, and where to use it in the spectrum of the diseases. And I think what we're going to see over the next decade is it's going to be used earlier and earlier in some of the more severe autoimmune diseases. :14 Cytoxan is proof that medical science doesn't just hold diseases at bay. Sometimes it beats them. At the s Hopkins Medical Institutions, I'm Tom Haederle reporting. Copyright 2000 The s Hopkins University. All rights reserved. Search Health NewsFeed Health NewsFeed Home | Hopkins Medicine HomeDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Nina,

How long have you been on cytoxan? I have been on it for a year at

different doses and just had to go back on high ones again. I lost

all my hair and when I went to 50mg. it started growing back. I had

straight brown hair and now it is curly and blackish gray. SOunds

ugly. But with the higher doses I guess I will lose it again. Oh

well . When I saw this article I figured my Dr. must know what he is

doing but I heard you are not suppose to be on it for over 2 years

and it can cause cancer and all kinds of things. I feel like I am

putting poison in my body everday. I take it 4 times a day. Just as

soon as I feel a little better from the nausea its pill time again.

Do you have any bad side effects from it? Take care and hang in

there. Luv and prayers NANCY IN TEXAS

NANCY,,I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS...BUT I TAKE 1100MG ONCE A MONTH..IN IV FORM AT THE CANCER CENTER....I TOO LOST A LOT OF MY HAIR WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT,,,THAN MY BODY GOT USE TO IT AND MY HAIR CAME BACK...I DO GET SICK FOR ABOUT 3 DAYS....BUT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE SIDE AFFECTS..I'M GOING TO TALK TO MY DOCTOR ABOUT IT.....THANKS FOR THE INFOR....NINA

Re: CYTOXAN UPDATE

Nina,How long have you been on cytoxan? I have been on it for a year at different doses and just had to go back on high ones again. I lost all my hair and when I went to 50mg. it started growing back. I had straight brown hair and now it is curly and blackish gray. SOunds ugly. But with the higher doses I guess I will lose it again. Oh well . When I saw this article I figured my Dr. must know what he is doing but I heard you are not suppose to be on it for over 2 years and it can cause cancer and all kinds of things. I feel like I am putting poison in my body everday. I take it 4 times a day. Just as soon as I feel a little better from the nausea its pill time again. Do you have any bad side effects from it? Take care and hang in there. Luv and prayers NANCY IN TEXASDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Thanks for the article on Cytoxan.

After being on it for one year it is really doing a number on my hair.

It is very thin and looks so bad now I am tempted to cut it all off. I think the "Buzz" look would be a big improvement to what I have to look at now. LOL

Sandy

-- CYTOXAN UPDATE

HI, I found this article on my favorite med.(NOT) CYTOXAN I thought somebody might find it interesting. I am trying to find all the info and hopefully something positive about this awful drug I am on. NANCYHealth Newsfeed # 1359 UPDATE ON CYTOXANAmericans get a lot of medical news. Novel approaches, bold experiments. If it's all so great, why aren't we curing more diseases? In fact, we are. Aplastic anemia is a case in point. This autoimmune disorder causes bone marrow to stop making red and white blood cells and platelets. An unusual drug called Cytoxan can get rid of malfunctioning cells of the immune system while sparing the healthy ones. The effect is a sort of "reboot" of the whole disease-fighting system. In studies at s Hopkins Cytoxan has essentially cured aplastic anemia patients. It shows great promise for other auto-immune disorders as well, such as lupus. Dr. Brodsky is running many of the clinical trials. We're learning its safety, how to give it better, and where to use it in the spectrum of the diseases. And I think what we're going to see over the next decade is it's going to be used earlier and earlier in some of the more severe autoimmune diseases. :14 Cytoxan is proof that medical science doesn't just hold diseases at bay. Sometimes it beats them. At the s Hopkins Medical Institutions, I'm Tom Haederle reporting. Copyright 2000 The s Hopkins University. All rights reserved. Search Health NewsFeed Health NewsFeed Home | Hopkins Medicine HomeDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU