RemedySpot.com

Re: everybody, Please be pushy, it pays

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dawn, I agree, there are just TOO many of us sick right now and it has to stop.

Okay here is a brief update on me. I callled Stanford back to check on the shots that I was suppos to take that I read were not advisable with a heart valve replacement.

The nurse was really nice and she brought it up on her computer, told me she would check with the dr who ordered it for me and call me back. She did right away. They decided that NO... I shouldn't take them.. She said that I could sue them if something happened. Hummmm funny thing. So Please do your homework and if you don't feel right about something, just keep on checking and don't worry about which drs. toes you step on.

I had to go to the cardiologist in town today because I had such swelling and shortness of breathe. They ran a few tests and said they will have to do a special echo test. on me. I have had it done before. It's the one where they go down your throat to the back side of your heart. Not a fun test for me to swallow that hose. LOL

They changed my water pills and upped my potassium. I gained 8 pounds in 2 days. It's all water they say.

So in a nutshell, I will have my scope of my bladder done Monday morning with the right antibiotics. I will not have the shots. I will reduce my coumadin starting tonight to get it down before the scope. I will have my blood tested on Wed.

I will take the new water pills for a week and then call them if there is no change. I did get an appt to see my cardiologist in Stanford for the 4th of Nov. Funny how there were no appts til Dec. yestereday. LOL

I feel much better knowing that I have done the best fighting I can for my cause. I feel good about the choices that have been made and hopefully we will get to the bottom of this bladder thingy.

I won't start my increase in my Plaquenil until after the scope. I don't want too much at one time. LOL I will get my flu shot after the scope too and when I am feeling better.

Please everyone, just follow your instincts and DON"T always do the first thing one dr says. If 2 disagree, do more research and find another solution. I know this isn't always easy. Let me tell you it has worn me out physically and mentally. But I am going to go take a nice hot bath and read my book.

Know I love you all and will keep you posted.

I hope you all have a great weekend..

hugs

Know I love you all and will keep you posted.

I hope you all have a great weekend..

Bless your heart , I wish you well in all that you have to have done. I will be going no mail Tues. Until I come back from Birmingham, we may have to stay another night, not sure yet. But you and everyone will be in my prayers. I pray you will soon be well.

Love u

Lu

I had to go to the cardiologist in town today because I had such swelling and shortness of breathe. They ran a few tests and said they will have to do a special echo test. on me. I have had it done before. It's the one where they go down your throat to the back side of your heart. Not a fun test for me to swallow that hose. LOL

Hi , I hope you're feeling better. Gosh, I am so glad that you contacted these different nurses, doctors--whatever. I do know what test you are talking about regarding the echo--the TEE. Do you know when you are scheduled for this? Oh hon, I hope you start to feel better. This certainly does play a role in the emotional part. You are one strong lady and very, very special. Prayers and Hugs to you,

Sharon

You did a great job of looking out for yourself. I am praying all goes well for you.

Last month my Rheumy put me on Prozac.

Dumb me filled the script before researching the drug. Well, there was a big warning for Diabetics that Prozac can cause your blood sugars to drop. One of the rare side effects is it can cause Vascullitis. Got that already and I don't want to make that worse. When I saw the Doc last week he asked me how I was doing on the Prozac and I told him about the side effects and I was not going to take it. All he could say was he agreed with me. Don't these Docs check on these drugs before they write the scripts? DUH!!

Sandy

Dawn, I agree, there are just TOO many of us sick right now and it has to stop. Okay here is a brief update on me. I callled Stanford back to check on the shots that I was suppos to take that I read were not advisable with a heart valve replacement. The nurse was really nice and she brought it up on her computer, told me she would check with the dr who ordered it for me and call me back. She did right away. They decided that NO... I shouldn't take them.. She said that I could sue them if something happened. Hummmm funny thing. So Please do your homework and if you don't feel right about something, just keep on checking and don't worry about which drs. toes you step on. I had to go to the cardiologist in town today because I had such swelling and shortness of breathe. They ran a few tests and said they will have to do a special echo test. on me. I have had it done before. It's the one where they go down your throat to the back side of your heart. Not a fun test for me to swallow that hose. LOL They changed my water pills and upped my potassium. I gained 8 pounds in 2 days. It's all water they say. So in a nutshell, I will have my scope of my bladder done Monday morning with the right antibiotics. I will not have the shots. I will reduce my coumadin starting tonight to get it down before the scope. I will have my blood tested on Wed. I will take the new water pills for a week and then call them if there is no change. I did get an appt to see my cardiologist in Stanford for the 4th of Nov. Funny how there were no appts til Dec. yestereday. LOL I feel much better knowing that I have done the best fighting I can for my cause. I feel good about the choices that have been made and hopefully we will get to the bottom of this bladder thingy. I won't start my increase in my Plaquenil until after the scope. I don't want too much at one time. LOL I will get my flu shot after the scope too and when I am feeling better. Please everyone, just follow your instincts and DON"T always do the first thing one dr says. If 2 disagree, do more research and find another solution. I know this isn't always easy. Let me tell you it has worn me out physically and mentally. But I am going to go take a nice hot bath and read my book. Know I love you all and will keep you posted. I hope you all have a great weekend..hugs DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU