RemedySpot.com

A question from squeek

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My ankles have been a bit swollen lately and last night they were pitting. Just wondering whats going on now. I did not have a particularly active day, so can't attribute it to being on my feet too much.

Squeek, My ankles are like elephants the last few weeks. I am on a water pill and they still are huge. I asked yesterday my rheumy ( that's another post. lOL ) about them . They were both really concerned. Said it could be the pred ( for most people)_ but in my case it could be my heart. I need to call the cardiologist today and see. They both told me ( my rheumies) that the water needed to come out of my body. I have pitting too in my ankles for the first time. I REALLY think it is the prednisone. I need to come off of it. They did raiise my Plaquenil in hopes that that will help. They also raised the neurontin at night to help me sleep and it has. I' m leary to take the Plaquenil because it made me sick last time. But will try it tonight.LOL

I'm so sorry you are having such a time. Please know that you are in my prayers and you HAVE to go eat with some wonderful people tomorrow. I told Rich if we left today we could be there for lunch tomorrow. He still refuses. LOL The ride to Stanford wore me out so guess I'll just have to wait til next time.

I love you bunches and you had BETTER give EVERYONE a BIG hug from ME!! ROY, JULIE and his girls too.

hugs

Squeek,

Sending you positive thoughts that all goes well.

My ankles would swell all the time when I was on the higher doses of Pred. How much Pred are you on?

Sandy

-------Original Message

Good Morning All,

I'm off to do the "mouse thing" here in a couple of hours. Last time it, or something, triggered a flare of the RA the day after infusion, so I am a bit apprehensive. Say a prayer for me that it will go well and do what it is supposed to do! I have a very important luncheon to go to tomorrow and need to be able to walk and sit!

I have a question. Is ankle swelling in any way associated with an increase in prednisone dosage? My ankles have been a bit swollen lately and last night they were pitting. Just wondering whats going on now. I did not have a particularly active day, so can't attribute it to being on my feet too much.

Take care! Love, squeekDISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU