RemedySpot.com

Welcome new members

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I know I'm pretty late at this again, but I want to welcome all the new members that we have gotten this last month.

A lot have been shy and I just want to let you all know to PLEASE, just ask all the questions you want and feel free to jump right in. We love to hear from others. I'm sure you have a lot to share and we want to hear about it.

This group is a very casual one. We have a lot of knowledge and if someone in the group doesn't know the answer to your question, they will tell you how to go about getting it. We share all things in our lives along with the RP. As Heidi would say, RP is only one part of our lives.

This is a place where you can rant, rave, cry, and laugh. We like lots of laughs. It is good for the soul.

If you didn't know, there is also a RP Foundation that is completely separate from this support group. If you are interested in reading about it, please take a look at www.polychondritis.org when you have time..

This support group has chats on Wed mornings at 9:30 pacific time and on Friday nights at 6:30 pacific time. If you are interested, just let us know and someone will tell you how to get there. lOL

Again, welcome to the group and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Oh by the way, I live in Calif, am 51, have 3 daughters, 2 grandchildren and have been married to the same wonderful husband Rich, for a LONG time. LOL I was finally diagnosed with RP in 1999 but have had it longer. I had my aortice valve and root replaced this July from the RP and am doing great. I mostly have flares with my ears,nose, and ribs ( and the heart problem). I am on prednisone and Plaquenil for the RP.

You will see that we are all different. We have different parts of our bodies involved, take different kinds of medications, but we are all one big family. RP doesn't always mean a red nose or a high sed rate. We are educating our doctors and making great progress. LOL Please ask away.. there is never such a thing as a dumb question. This is how we all learn.

Hope you all have a nice weekend and post when you can.

hugs