RemedySpot.com

Re: Update on Elaine M

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh Elaine, I saw a post from you and thought " now I can quit worrying". LOL Oh you poor thing. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and just wish I could make it all better. Who would have thouhgt " THE SEWER??? " Geez... Keep us updated..

So good to see you have a sense of humor...Don't know if I would still have. LOL Thanks for posting.. we have really missed you.

hugs

Yep Dawn it's a bummer!!!!

I think it's really crappy too!!! Matter of fact it's the shits!!

Hee! Hee!

Well it doesn't look like the insurance will help us because they

didn't find a drain but we will keep trying and we are going to the

tribunal. Sounds like something from Survivor. The way I feel I

think I'm on Survivor, the stinky castle dungeon episode!!! The reno

company deodorized so it's not stinky anymore, it wasn't very stinky

to begin with because we cleaned so much of it up when it first

happened. We can also hire an independent adjuster and get his

opinion and we might just do that.

I also have my friend at the newspaper who rights about the city and

is very interested in our story. We've found out that the city sewer

backs up fairly often and they always deny it, so you have to take

them to court. My friend said that our street was slated for upgrade

but was cut in a cost saving measure. Our city is notorious for high

taxes, the highest per capita in our province. Wonder what they do

with all that money. Well election time is coming and it's time to

vote them out!!!!

Well thanks again for listening.

Take care

Elaine M

much t

>

> Elaine

> Talk about a bummer, i think you have it. I could set here and

make puns, like that really stinks to have that happen, but i

won't, even though you should be smiling.

> i know its not funny, sorry. Just having that kind of a day,

> hope you can get some help from the insurance company, i don't

understand why they don't come out and check on it. I would think

that there is some sort of regulation that they have to at least

come to your home and look at the tmess, before they denie it. Also

isn't there a insurance regulation place that looks in to the

problems you have with your insurance, get your policy out and

check for it. there has to be some place you can go to force the

issue or complain about it.

> dawn

Hi Dawn,

Unfortunately there was no disclosure on the house as the lady was very old, and her family couldn't say for sure. We did have a building inspector come in and he took 5 hours to go through it and gave it a good rating so I think he would have found evidence of previous flooding.

We had our sewer dug up today and it was colapsing. It was plugged on our end and the city's end with rags. The city came in and sucked out the lines but said because there was rags in there that they couldn't do much else. They also said that the rags were there for a while so we think it might have been the old lady or when they came in to clean the house. It would have been fine if the line wasn't colapsing. Fortunately we only had to have the sewer done so it be alot less. Plus the parimeter drains are working just in time because it's pouring out, started right when they finished the job. If it would have been any later we would have flooded again with all the rain. Must be a guardien angel somewhere!!

The insurance guys are coming in tomorrow We just told them about the red dye and they were said they'd come and look. The reno guy is going to be here to support us strogly believe that there is a drain inside probably under a wal or closet.

Hopefully it will go well. Thanks to all the cleanup we did when it first happened it will only be a small claim so maybe they'll be a little more willing when the see that we didn't lose any personal property, just the floor.

Any how thanks for the support. Hope you feel well today.

Take care

Elaine M

-----Original Message-----From: Dawn Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 4:06 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: Re: Update on Elaine M

Elaine

If I were you I would diffently fight this, if it has alredy happened once, you know it might happen again. The other thing I thought of, did the people you bought the hosue from tell you this has happened to them. Because I think there is a law that states that they have to disclose every that is wrong or that could happened. You may want to check with your neighbors and see how much this happens, if the people you bought it from knew about it and did not tell you, you may have a second line of defense there. Just a thought. If you find out they did know and didn't report it, I would talk to a lawyer.

If this is the first time it has happened I would fight it all t he way, because it coudl happened again, if the city doesnt correct the problem.

just a thought

dawn

idelaine wrote: Yep Dawn it's a bummer!!!!I think it's really crappy too!!! Matter of fact it's the shits!! Hee! Hee!Well it doesn't look like the insurance will help us because they didn't find a drain but we will keep trying and we are going to the tribunal. Sounds like something from Survivor. The way I feel I think I'm on Survivor, the stinky castle dungeon episode!!! The reno company deodorized so it's not stinky anymore, it wasn't very stinky to begin with because we cleaned so much of it up when it first happened. We can also hire an independent adjuster and get his opinion and we might just do that.I also have my friend at the newspaper who rights about the city and is very interested in our story. We've found out that the city sewer backs up fairly often and they always deny it, so you have to take them to court. My friend said that our street was slated for upgrade bu HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

You've probably already read what I wrote to Dawn so I won't repeat it. At least today was a better day. Things started to look better when we started counting our blessings instead of dwelling on the bad stuff. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news with the insurance. So don't worry I've been through a lot worse. I'm glad to have your support. Sorry I've been away so long. Work has been very hectic and I've been coming home very tired. Plus the new computer helps, dragged it out of my daughters room so I could use it once in a while.

Sure do miss you guys.

Take care and be well

Elaine M

-----Original Message-----From: rccolloran@... Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 10:19 PMTo: rpolychondritis Subject: Re: Update on Elaine MOh Elaine, I saw a post from you and thought " now I can quit worrying". LOL Oh you poor thing. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and just wish I could make it all better. Who would have thouhgt " THE SEWER??? " Geez... Keep us updated.. So good to see you have a sense of humor...Don't know if I would still have. LOL Thanks for posting.. we have really missed you. hugs DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU