RemedySpot.com

Pain & housework

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, I'm back.

First off, I can relate to the pain & housework. Since I've been on the pred I've have horrendous pain in my lower back. I can only walk or stand for about 5 minutes & then it sets in. I've just given up or I try to do one small thing each day if I'm up to it. I don't vacuum or wash the floors because that is just too much. Although since we have moved & everything is on one floor I feel better because now I can do the laundry & don't have to depend on Ted. I even ventured out the other day & went to the grocery store. It wasn't too bad but it wasn't good. I am to the point that I use the electric wheelchairs in the stores. I used to feel bad about it but because of those wheelchairs I have some freedom & don't have to depend on someone to go with me or push me. Ted can't push me because of his broken wrist. It is doing better but almost impossible to push me.

I absolutely love the new house. I was very apprehensive about moving but I think it is the best thing we ever did. I feel so secure here which I never felt in the old house. You may think I'm weird but I've been told there were presences in my house. Everything here is bright & new. I got a new bedroom set which is a first for 35 years. I also got a new dining room table & sofa sleeper. I am waiting a new reciner which is really neat. You press a button & it reclines. You can make the seat go up or down. The best part is when you unrecline it you press another button & the seat lifts forward which is so super. I have such a hard time getting out of couches or chaird so this is so great. I don't even have to make it go up very much. The answer is in the seat going up so that your butt is higher than your knees. We went to a discount furniture store & got it for 300.00 less than at the regular furniture store.

I am down to 5 mg of pred & 5 mg of MTX & other than feeling tired and my appetite not so good again, I am feeling great. I have been emptying 2-3 boxes a day if I am up to it. If I'm not oh well.

I lost my medications during the move. The movers were real jerks. They put smaller boxes into larger ones & put everything in the garage. I was okay from Thurs to Tues. We went through almost every box & couldn't find them. Was able to get the insurance co. to give me an override so I didn't have to pay full price. What luck.

Well, enough of my gabbing. Hope you all are feeling well. Talk to you soon.

Susiecue