RemedySpot.com

Fwd: [TMIC] Sally WOW we did -How Did We Survive- OT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I sure remember all of this and I am so glad I am not growing up now. I feel for all those who never have a good childhood , they never knew what they missed. Sally

** HOW DID WE SURVIVE? ** Looking back, it's hard to believe that we have livedas long as we have. As children we would ride in carswith no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back ofa pickup truck on a warm day was always a specialtreat. Our baby cribs were painted with bright coloredlead based paint. We often chewed on the crib,ingesting the paint. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors,or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes we had nohelmets. We drank water from the garden hose and notfrom a bottle. We would spend hours building ourgo-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill,only to find out we forgot the brakes. After runninginto the bushes a few times we learned to solve theproblem. We would leave home in the morning and play all day,as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.No one was able to reach us all day. We playeddodgeball and sometimes the ball would really hurt. We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugarsoda, but we were never over weight; we were alwaysoutside playing. Little League had tryouts and noteveryone made the team. Those who didn't had to learnto deal with disappointment. Some students weren't as smart as others or didn'twork hard so they failed a grade and were held back torepeat the same grade. That generation produced someof the greatest risk-takers and problem solvers. Wehad the freedom, failure, success and responsibility,and we learned how to deal with it all.