RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Are you serious?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They got the email by being here on the group. But, hanger was the one that contacted me for our adjustments and stuff. They would call and set up our appts, then the calls just stopped but I had heard that after a bit the adjustments are more spaced out and not every week so I didn't think too much into it. But yes, they do have my number and I have no received one call. I just happened to see the email. Yea I know most orthos want 23 hour wear, but due to my sons complications, that's why he got several breaks here and there, so he was wearing it probably 20 hours a day which is still close. I didn't know orthos posted on here, at least I have never been given advice from anyone claiming to be one. And I didn't come here to make anyone mad. I simply posted about what was going on with my son and see if anyone else was dealing with the issue and it seems as if one mom had. My insurance actually hasn't even paid the claim yet. But, I'm just at a loss. They emailed me by the email I used to join , which I don't feel is a way to communicate at all. For people on the group yes, but for an office no. All I wanted was my sons brachy to get fixed and hopefully talk to other parents going through this. Now I just, don't even know if its worth trying to make it work. I'm actually quite upset after seeing that email today. I never once said it was a bad ortho job that caused our issues, but yes I did express that I wish there were more options in Colorado cause this is not a band friendly state, therefore, the few orthos that do it, might not have much experience with it because not many parents know its an option. Anyway, moms, dads if you were me would you just quit at this point? Going to CT is not an option for me because I have no $ to pay out of pocket. I have looked and looked and there is only one other ortho I found, and another mom from here said she was not impressed with him. I liked the ortho that I had, but now I feel like anything I posted was taken personally and now mY son is being punished for it.Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: "christineashok" Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 06:05:11 -0000<Plagiocephaly >Subject: Re: Are you serious? I certainly hope the ortho isn't penalizing you for what you are posted here. Any ortho like that should not even join this group - we aren't here for people to snoop. I would definitely get in touch and ask them what is going on, why they are contacting you via email, and how they got that email address. I have heard of providers having people get the band then not follow up, and they have no choice but to notify them treatment is stopped. However they have to exhaust all their means for contacting the customer including the telephone - presumably they have your number. I think I would not have too much confidence in the ortho at this point, but if you did want to continue I it seems okay to me to wear the band for fewer hours if he is tolerating it. The correction won't be as good, but you should still get some. But you would still need to go for regular ortho visits to ensure it is fitting properly. -christine sydney, almost 3 yrs, starband grad > > My son has went about a month without an adjustment and actually things > were going pretty good. I mean I didnt leave the helmet on 23 hours a > day because of the blisters and boils he would get if I left it on too > long. But I figured some wear would be better than none at all. Well > today i get an email from Hanger. On and email I dont even use, and > I've never given them (so of course they check these boards) telling me > that they discussed the issue with my sons ped and they decided to > discontinue the use of the helmet. IM the mother. Excuse ME??? That > needs to be discussed with ME first. Not just leave me an email telling > ME what they are going to do about MY son! What the heck??? I mean, if > they had been in contact with me they would know my son hasnt had any > blisters/boils in about a month! My son to me, hasnt gotten that much > of correction yet, but I was holding out hope because there have been > so many other success stories. If you were me what would you do at this > point? I think the ortho is upset at my posting here. BUT I have only > shared whats going on with my son which has been true. >

It doesn't sound like your ortho was too willing to work or communicate with

you. Like you said, YOUR the Mom and should make the ultimate decisions on what

to do about your son's head/health. I would find another provider with whom you

can talk to and trust. It is definitely important to have a a good rapport with

the person who is treating him, they too should have his best interest at heart.

It is important to go for adjustments as he grows, so I would find

someone/somewhere where they are supportive of your decisions!

Mom to McKenna- 8 months-- band for 9.5 weeks

> From: christineashok <christineashok@...>

> Subject: Re: Are you serious?

> Plagiocephaly

> Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 6:05 AM

> I certainly hope the ortho isn't penalizing you for what

> you are

> posted here. Any ortho like that should not even join this

> group - we

> aren't here for people to snoop.

>

> I would definitely get in touch and ask them what is going

> on, why

> they are contacting you via email, and how they got that

> email

> address. I have heard of providers having people get the

> band then not

> follow up, and they have no choice but to notify them

> treatment is

> stopped. However they have to exhaust all their means for

> contacting

> the customer including the telephone - presumably they have

> your number.

>

> I think I would not have too much confidence in the ortho

> at this

> point, but if you did want to continue I it seems okay to

> me to wear

> the band for fewer hours if he is tolerating it. The

> correction won't

> be as good, but you should still get some. But you would

> still need to

> go for regular ortho visits to ensure it is fitting

> properly.

> -christine

> sydney, almost 3 yrs, starband grad

>

>

> >

> > My son has went about a month without an adjustment

> and actually things

> > were going pretty good. I mean I didnt leave the

> helmet on 23 hours a

> > day because of the blisters and boils he would get if

> I left it on too

> > long. But I figured some wear would be better than

> none at all. Well

> > today i get an email from Hanger. On and email I dont

> even use, and

> > I've never given them (so of course they check

> these boards) telling me

> > that they discussed the issue with my sons ped and

> they decided to

> > discontinue the use of the helmet. IM the mother.

> Excuse ME??? That

> > needs to be discussed with ME first. Not just leave me

> an email telling

> > ME what they are going to do about MY son! What the

> heck??? I mean, if

> > they had been in contact with me they would know my

> son hasnt had any

> > blisters/boils in about a month! My son to me, hasnt

> gotten that much

> > of correction yet, but I was holding out hope because

> there have been

> > so many other success stories. If you were me what

> would you do at this

> > point? I think the ortho is upset at my posting here.

> BUT I have only

> > shared whats going on with my son which has been true.

> >

Yes, when I re read the email, it was sent by the receptionist of my ortho. Which, as I stated, they only got my email by being a member of this group. I really do need to sit and talk with them because they never called me once. I thought that my son was doin well since I cut back the weartime to 20 hours. I think he may need another month or so in it since we had a rough slow start. I'm mostly irritated by the email as form of contact. I'm sure that is hippa violation, because I never gave them the address, nor do I like to be contacted via email when it comes to my Childrens health. Also, I would hope they can't deny jayden further treatment. So far, if there has been any improvement its been minimal. I do feel like my privacy was invaded in a sense. This board has helped me so much and its wonderful for me because I'm so alone in all this. Yea, its the internet, but I'm surprised orthos are on it. Actually, I only posted the truth of what my son is dealing with, and I even looked at an old post where I stated Its not something the ortho can adjust by the way it occurred. Thanks for everyones suggestions. I'm going to speak with the manager as well. I just don't feel comfortable that I was contacted via email. Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: "ransomsd" Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:20:49 -0000<Plagiocephaly >Subject: Re: Are you serious? Yes, I can see why this is all upsetting.I'm no even sure with HIPAA laws, that they legally could email you at an address that you hadn't given them, but that's a whole other issue. As always, just throwing out some suggestions that may or may not fit. I think that you have come so far in overcoming challanges with the band, that it would be a bummer to scrap it at this point. I would probably set up a meeting with the provider to discuss everything. I would jot down all the main points prior and make sure that you get a response to each. It seems like you are going to have to initiate constructive communication, because it seems like they won't do that. Because you liked the ortho, there may be a way to salvage the relationship. Since it sounds like it was the company that contacted you, you would probably need your ortho to go to bat for you to continue treatment. You can explain why you were upset with how things were going, that you were scared for your little one, etc. I might not suggest all of this if this office wasn't the only option for you, but I think that it is worth a shot if it means treating your little one. I'm also wondering how involved the pediatrician (or any other providers) has been in the treatment. I would maybe consider contacting their office and getting them involved. Perhaps (if it is the case) the pedi would be willing to share that because the blister situation is under control with wearing the band 20 hours, and that they do not want Hanger to deny treatment, because that is what they are doing for one reason or another. I would also suggest addressing the group issue with the office, maybe at the end. You could tell them that we (as parents) come to this board to be able to speak openly and honestly with other parents to recieve support and to get advice, and that they took that away from you by reading and reacting to what you posted, and that it violated your trust with them (since it sounds like it did just that). Best of luck, H. > > > > My son has went about a month without an adjustment and actually things > > were going pretty good. I mean I didnt leave the helmet on 23 hours a > > day because of the blisters and boils he would get if I left it on too > > long. But I figured some wear would be better than none at all. Well > > today i get an email from Hanger. On and email I dont even use, and > > I've never given them (so of course they check these boards) telling me > > that they discussed the issue with my sons ped and they decided to > > discontinue the use of the helmet. IM the mother. Excuse ME??? That > > needs to be discussed with ME first. Not just leave me an email telling > > ME what they are going to do about MY son! What the heck??? I mean, if > > they had been in contact with me they would know my son hasnt had any > > blisters/boils in about a month! My son to me, hasnt gotten that much > > of correction yet, but I was holding out hope because there have been > > so many other success stories. If you were me what would you do at this > > point? I think the ortho is upset at my posting here. BUT I have only > > shared whats going on with my son which has been true. > > >