RemedySpot.com

Fw: IF YOU ARE A MOTHER YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Subject: IF YOU ARE A MOTHER YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!>> Subject: MOTHER RECLASSIFICATION!!!>> A woman named renewing her driver's license> at the County Clerk's office was asked> by the woman recorder to state her occupation.>> She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.>> "What I mean is," explained the recorder,> "do you have a job, or are you just a .....?">> "Of course I have a job," snapped .> "I'm a mother.">> "We don't list 'mother' as an occupation...> 'housewife' covers it," said the recorder emphatically.>> I forgot all about her story until one day I found> myself in the same situation, this time at our own> Town Hall.>> The Clerk was obviously a career woman,> poised, efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title> like, "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar.">> "What is your occupation?" she probed.>> What made me say it, I do not know...> The words simply popped out.>> "I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child> Development and Human Relations.">> The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair,> and looked up as though she had not heard right.>> I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing> the most significant words. Then I stared with wonder> as my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink> on the official questionnaire.>> "Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest,> "just what you do in your field?">> Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice,> I heard myself reply, "I have a continuing program> of research, (what mother doesn't), in the laboratory> and in the field, (normally I would have said> indoors and out).>> I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family),> and already have four credits, (all daughters).> Of course, the job is one of the most demanding> in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree.?.)> and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it).> But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill> careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction> rather than just money.">> There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's> voice as she completed the form, stood up,> and personally ushered me to the door.>> As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up> by my glamorous new career, I was greeted> by my lab assistants - ages 13, 7, and 3.> Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model,> (a 6 month old baby), in the child-development program,> testing out a new vocal pattern.>> I felt triumphant! I had scored a beat on bureaucracy!>> And I had gone on the official records as someone> more distinguished and indispensable to mankind> than "just another mother.">> Motherhood.....What a glorious career!> Especially when there's a title on the door.>> Does this make grandmothers> "Senior Research Associates in the field> of Child Development and Human Relations"> and great grandmothers> Executive Senior Research Associates"?> I think so!!!>> I also think it makes Aunts "Associate Research Assistants".>> Please send this to another Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, and other> friends you know.>>>