RemedySpot.com

My blood test results and my cardiologist visit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had my first visit with my new cardiologist. He was very nice. He told me where I could find a certain kind of tennis shoe that I have been looking for.LOL He told me that Kaiser ( our new HMO ) only has 4 cardiologists and that I will be seeing him only as the referal of my PCP. He is only for consultations. I guess I'm spoiled, my old cardiologist saw me every 3 months and any other time I needed to be seen. He ran echos every 3 months etc. I guess now, my PCP will handle all echos, and any other heart tests and if the results require a cardiologist, then I will see him at that time. I guess my new valve will have to take care of itself. LOL I think I can still see my old cardiologist on my medicare. Will have to check into that.

I did have a good work out at rehab today. Felt really good after. Hopefully I won't hurt that bad in the morning. LOL

I got my lab work back from my new rhemy. This ins. sends you your lab results and a note from the dr.

My first labs taken from my new PCP showed anemia and high blood sugar. The PCP wrote to watch my sugar and carb intake and gave me a lab slip to repeat the test in 2 months. Never said anything about the anemia.

When I saw the rheumy, she wanted to know what was causing the anemia and ran a bunch of tests. I got them back today and found out that it is just iron deficient anemia. She wants me to take 300mg of iron sulfate 2-3 times a day and then follow up with PCP. I didn't think I had any symptoms of anemia. I found the following article on it and found out I had a lot of symptoms such as mental confusion, shortness of breathe, lightheadedness, ringing in ears, headache, irritability, restless leg, rapid heartbeat etc., So maybe the iron will make me feel even better. I wasn't anemic after the surgery, it just happened. So maybe we should ask to be checked if you haven't been. Just surprised me.

I hope you have all had a good day and can enjoy the weekend. I plan to rest. We are expecting a big storm. So a nice fire and a good book sounds great to me.

Talk to you all soon,

hugs

Click here: What Are the Symptoms of Anemia and How Is it Diagnosed? - Condition, Disease, or Disorder Article