<< But.....my doctor is very concerned and just said that my symptoms are

" compelling' for a disease called Giant Cell (or Temporal) Arteritis. It is

a vascular problem. >>

Squeek, I'm so sorry to hear you might have another problem. My mom had this

and they think my sister may have it too. They haven't done a biopsy on my

sister yet, she won't let them. LOL

You know we are all here to support you with what ever it is you have. I

hope the pred does the trick. It use to on my mom and my sister. I'm so

glad you have a dr you trust and is available to you at all times.

Please take care and keep us updated. We love you bunches and LOTS and LOTS

of good thoughts and Prayers are coming your way.

hugs

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to update you on my new rheumy visit. She was WONDERFUL!!! Oh is seems like my new insurance is a God send. I shouldn't have worried wo much. LOL

She actually read EVERY page of my records and asked for more ( I only took her my rhemy records and part of the heart that pertained to RP). I will take her the rest tomorrow. She even asked for more brochures. She has gotten more than 10 patients just recently with RP. She is a young dr but had knowledge about RP and is wanting more all the time. It took her Dr. Harp, Dr. Herman, and Dr Trenthams articles also. She kept thanking me for all the info I brought to her.

She wants me to try to raise my Plaquenil to 400mg again. If it still makes me sick she wants to try Arava. I know there are some taking it. Any input??? She said she had more success than with metho. So I told her I would give it a try if I can't tolerate the 400mg. She said I HAVE to get off the pred or at least to 5mg. So that is our goal. She is refering me to a ENT for my swallowing problems and my hoarsness. She will do a pulmonary function test in Feb. And do another bone density test in about 6 months. She refilled all my meds that I needed and I will see her in one month or sooner if there are any problems. She gave me her direct phone # if I have any questions. What a wonderful Christmas present..... a team of great drs that are close by. Prayers are answered.

She is concerned because my blood test I just took showed I was quite anemic. She wants to know WHY, so is running a panel to see if she can narrow it down. ( bone marrow problems, drugs, etc). My suger was also very high so they will rerun that in a few weeks. Hopefully it's not diabetis. I'm thinking very positive and know that this team will get me back on track.

I will have the lab tests tomorrow and take her the rest of the brochures that she wants.

Update on Makeila. She had a good day today in school and was SO happy. She said she hoped her dad would be proud of her and wouldn't " beat " her butt. Oh... it still breaks my heart. He is trying to say that she is anemic and bruises easily so he is making have her blood tested tomorrow. UGHHH. told him she would but if that were the case the poor child would be one big bruise. She is a tyical child that runs into everything ( well, maybe not typical,... more like her Grammy. LOL) She doesn't bruise easily. He is just trying to find excuses. I just wish she was her and not hat his house.

Well we will get her Sat and next Monday. I can't wait. Thank you all for all of your prayers. You don't know how much you all mean to me. thanks you too.

Well, I fell asleep at 2 stop lights and one stop sign on the way home. I drove myself to the dr and now I know why I shouldn't be driving. LOL So.... i'm off for a little nap.

Thank you all again. I love you all a bunch.

hugs, love and prayers