RemedySpot.com

Re: Weight

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know how you feel h & my friends say the same thing. A lady asked me today when Iwas due-I have never had a weight issue but now i guess i do. i don't see myself as a " BIG " person when I look in the mirror and i know i can't help it but it still sucks. It just broke my heart to read your post-please know that i don't even know but i know what you are going through and we are all the same people unfortunatly we have this disease and we have to try and make the best of it. You are in my prayer-michelle

>From: " Sue STANIEC " >Reply-To: Rpolychondritis >To: " Relapsing Polychondritis " >Subject: Weight >Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:43:52 -0600 > >Gee you guys all sound so skinny. I have always been " big boned " , but also heavy. I slowly put on the pounds & it was so hard to take them off especially after I stopped smoking & had a hysterectomy. When I started this disease I was 235 unfortunately & then with the pred & chemo I went up to almost 300. I received a newsletter a couple of months ago with pictures from April of the past Chief Rangers (president) of this organization I was in. I cried when I saw it. No wonder nobody recognized me. In fact it's bringing tears right now. I feel like such a fat slob & I know it's not my fault. I am down to 260 as of my last rheumy visit since I've been down to 5 of the pred. I guess I just don't see myself as big as I am & it hurts so bad when I see pictures. My friends say it doesn't matter because I'm still the same person & they love me as I am. > >Well got to go, having trouble seeing the screen for the tears. > >Susiecue Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

Susicue, Please dont feel bad.

I too have gained alot of weight. I had a hysterectomy also and being on predisone off and on I have gained around 40lbs

Its just another thing we have to deal with, with this stupid diease!!!!

What I have been trying to do, which is NOT working right now with the Holidays, is when Im off the predisone I try and lose weight so that if and when I have to go back on the predisone I will not gain more weight. Just gain back what I lost. Does that make sense?

Also, You should be so proud you quit smoking!!!! Im still smoking so when I quit I will have that weight to contend with also!!!

Just remember, People love you for being You!!!!

Carol Applin

• 7 years later...

I do know, half the drugs I take have weight gain as a side effect and I absolutely need those drugs...I know sucks to be me LOL Just keep keeping on..... Dyane, 54, Phoenix, IIP 02 now NSIP 09, Breast Cancer, Psoriasis, Lipodermatosclerosis, Diabetes, and now a RA like autoimmune component, yadda yadda yadda."Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving is a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, chocolate in one hand, Margaritas in the other, loudly proclaiming "Holy ****

What a ride!"."