RemedySpot.com

Grandma shoes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When I was very little, >All the Grandmas that I knew, >All walked around this world >In ugly grandma shoes. >You know the ones I speak of, >Those black clunky heeled kind. >They just looked so very awful >that it weighed upon my mind. >For I knew, when I grew old. >I'd have to wear those shoes. >I'd think of that, from time to time. >It seemed like such bad news. >I never was a rebel. >I wore saddle shoes to school. >And next came ballerinas >Then the sandals, pretty cool. >And then came spikes with pointed toes. >Then platforms, very tall. >As each new fashion came along. >I wore them, one and all. >But always, in the distance. >Looming in my future, there. >Was that awful pair of ugly shoes. >The kind that Grandmas wear. >I eventually got married. >And then I became a Mom. >Our kids grew up and left. >And when their children came along >I knew I was a Grandma. >And the time was drawing near. >When those clunky, black, old lace up shoes Was what I'd have to wear. >How would I do my gardening? >Or take my morning hike? >I couldn't even think about >How I would ride my bike! >But fashions kept evolving. >And one day I realized. >That the shape of things to come >Was changing right before my eyes. >And now, when I go shopping. >What I see, fills me with glee. >For, in my jeans and Reeboks >I'm as comfy as can be. >And I look at all these teenage girls. >And there, upon their feet, >Are clunky, black, old Grandma shoes, >And they really think they're neat!