RemedySpot.com

Went to Rheumy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Went to my rheumy today. He is really pleased with my progress. I've got little complaints but nothing major. I have arthritis in my fingers now thanks to the RP. I lost another 7 lbs. The bridge of my nose is swelling but he said not to worry as long as I don't have pain. I still have swelling & still hve to wear sandals with socks. What a lovely fashion statement. They don't want me in regular shoes because of the swelling & the chance of clots. At least I am mobile.

I just can't say enough about moving to a one level home. I feel so independent now. Of course I have been overdoing hence the nose swelling but I take it easy. We worked Sat. & almost have the garage settled so we can put the cars in. Ted moves the boxes to me so I can sit & decided what to do. He gets the brunt on the work but at least we are getting there.

I'm having pain from the arthritis but am so glad I"m doing well. I told him about my teeth hurting & that someone had posted about PCA I think, & he mentioned pneumocystic & didn't think that had anything to do with the teeth. Did I get it wrong?

I think since I've resigned myself that there is a world out there to enjoy but I have to do a lot of it by wheelchair that I have begun to feel better about myself. It has opened a whole new world. I still get looks from a lot of people but I am becoming a whole person again. It may not last long if I go into a flare but I might as well enjoy it if I can. This disease really does change our lives in many ways, but we have to learn to adapt to whatever our circumstances are. I haven't quite learned the art of wheelies in the electric wheelchairs but I am practicing.

The Doc will probably put me on Imuran next month & take me off the MTX because of elevated liver enzymes. They're not real awful but they are elevated. He didn't do it today because of the sinus infection. I also got a flu shot. The nurse didn't want to give it to me, but he said to have it if there was enough so I did. The hospitals latest thing is that they give each physician a small vial of the serum & when they run out they have to send people to the flu clinic they set up. Sure glad they had it. I was going to go to the store tohave it but they cost 15-20 dollars which is no big deal but why not let the insurance pick it up.

Well, that's all for me. Sure hope that you gals that have been feeling so badly get on the road to recovery soon. It's easy for me to talk now because other than being tired I'm feeling fairly well now. Have had mood swings but nothing awful. Feel better everyone.

Luv ya,

Susiecue