RemedySpot.com

Squeek

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My symptoms started, I think, with very swollen temples. Next came the terrible headaches in my temples. I went to see my PCP about this, but since my sed rate was normal (with all the meds I'm on that was not suprising), he just ignored me. Then this artery on the right side of my head got all distended and so, so tender. Just taking my glasses on or off was horrible. Brushing my hair on that side of my head hurt also. Then the entire right side of my face started hurting. My jaw was so sore I couldn't even eat or drink, low grade fevers, pain in front of my ear, earache, mouth sores, toothache, and the pain/tenderness in the temple. All of those things, taken together, can be symptoms of GCA. Also, just a general feeling of being sick....sorta flu like...dragging.

Oh Squeek, I just happened to see this post while I was checking for something else on the internet. My Gosh, I have everyone of these symptoms! It is all on the left side of my face. I was dx by my Neurologist with Trigemenal Neuralgia and some other possible cranial nerve damage. When you say that you have a distended artery on the side of your head, are you talking about a vein protruding and very visible? Please let me know. My pain has been driving me crazy. It is a burning, stabbing type of pain. Thanks so much.

Hugs, Sharon