RemedySpot.com

Fnot rp

Rate this topic

Guest guest

-----

> >NOT OUR FRUIT ALONE > > >A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on >it were able to swim to a small, desert >like island. The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that >they had no other recourse but to pray to God. >However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed to divide >the territory between them and stay on >opposite sides of the island. The first thing they prayed for was food. The >next morning, the first man saw a >fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its >fruit. The other man's parcel of land remained >barren. >After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. >The next day, another ship was wrecked, and >the only survivor was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other >side of the island, there was nothing. >Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes, more food. The next day, >like magic, all of these were given to him. >However, the second man still had nothing. >Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could >leave the island. In the morning, he found a >ship docked at his side of the island. The first man boarded the ship with >his wife and decided to leave the second man >on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God's >blessings, since none of his prayers had been >answered. As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a Voice from >Heaven booming, " Why are you leaving your >companion on the island? " > " My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for them, " the >first man answered. " His prayers were all >unanswered and so he does not deserve anything. " > " You are mistaken! " the Voice rebuked him. " He had only one prayer, which I >answered. If not for that, you would not >have received any of My blessings. " " Tell me, " the first man asked the >Voice, " What did he pray for that I should owe >him anything? " > " He prayed that all your prayers be answered. " >For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, >but those of another praying for us. This is too good not to share . > > > > > > >

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here