RemedySpot.com

Re: josé from holland

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the note back. You are going to fit right in. If you don't understand what we say just ask we abbreviate things to save the typing!

I like the Dutch motto about ashes is what has been. I feel the same way. So what if you get dealt a bad hand in life. Go with it and make the best of it. You can't win all the time. In my case you can't win ever! Besides I like to be happy and not in a sad mood anyway. Nobody likes it if you are grumpy and frown.

Sounds like you have a bid family! I live in Oregon and we are not having bad weather. We have had dry weather with not much rain. Oregon usually is the wettest place in the country. I live in the Willamette Valley and it is beautiful here even in the summer time.

Can't wait to get to know you better you sound like lots of fun!

Lots of love

Glenda

Glenda, yes it ìs nice to have someone to talk to about RP who really understands. my twin-sister was diagnosed just a few months before me (may 2000). it was her ENT who first came up with RP. i was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1993 but had already had two inflammations of my nose. my gp did not know (he finally admitted it in 2000). looking back i must have had rp in 1986 when the first inflammation in my elbow occurred. in holland we have a saying "ashes is what's been" (in Dutch: As is verbrande turf). it generally means that what's done is done, get on with your life and keep up the good spirit, you cannot change what's happened... and so be it. my twin-sister is not my only sister, i have two more sisters (older then me) and two brothers. my mother and mother-in-law are both in the land of the living but their husbands died (in 1985 and in 1998).

MSM was not approved by the FDA(?) as a medicin but can be bought "over the counter" as a nutritional supplement. it is believed to help control pain, inflammation, and allergies among many other things. it's best to find the individual dose that works for you. 2000 mg (2 g) tends to work for general maintainance and health. its effect is better when you combine it with vit. C. in the newsgroup "alt.med.fibromyalgia" you can find the FAQ about MSM. plus there is an article "The miracle of MSM: the natural solution for pain by Stanley W. s, MD, M. Lawrence, MD, Ph.D, and Zucker. it's worth looking into.