RemedySpot.com

Re: Fwd: GF Pasta - Pasta Pomodoro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I hope you will write. I suspect this is a situation like that at P.F. Chang's -- there is a company policy, but it isn't always observed by specific managers.

For example, I hear that Mac's policy for french fries is to never mix oils; that would mean we could eat french fries safely. That policy would mean that breaded food oil would never be mixed with french fry oil. However, people who've worked there say managers don't always stick to that. It's not quite the same situation, but there's a similarity.

H.

In a message dated 6/11/07 5:00:11 PM, isaiah.benjamin@... writes:

Hm. - This completely contradicts what I was told by servers and manager in Emeryville - I think it is worth letting Pasta Pomo know what their servers and managers are telling customers / what their cooks are doing at the Emeryville location. I was told the same thing by the Oakland College Ave location as well. Both locations made it clear that GF pasta couldn't be prepped comipletely separately from the regular pasta. I would recommend that folks who've actually gotten sick from eating there write letters - Since I'm the person who was told directly about them parboiling pasta (not sure if others were told this, too) I will definitely write them a letter to that effect since maybe it's more effective to have it be first-hand. I no longer live in the Bay Area but it will always be my second home and I wouldn't want any unsuspecting celiac to get sick there :(

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Hm. - This completely contradicts what I was told by servers and manager in Emeryville - I think it is worth letting Pasta Pomo know what their servers and managers are telling customers / what their cooks are doing at the Emeryville location. I was told the same thing by the Oakland College Ave location as well. Both locations made it clear that GF pasta couldn't be prepped comipletely separately from the regular pasta. I would recommend that folks who've actually gotten sick from eating there write letters - Since I'm the person who was told directly about them parboiling pasta (not sure if others were told this, too) I will definitely write them a letter to that effect since maybe it's more effective to have it be first-hand. I no longer live in the Bay Area but it will always be my second home and I wouldn't want any unsuspecting celiac to get sick there :(

IsaiahOn 6/11/07, flatcat9@... <flatcat9@...> wrote:

Here's what I heard from Pasta Pomodoro regarding prepping GF pasta.

You might take a copy of it with you when you go to Pasta Pomodoro. Perhaps a given location isn't aware of the company policy.

H.************************************** See what's free at

http://www.aol.com.

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: " Maricor Resente " <mresente@...><FLATCAT9@...>

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:41:30 -0700Subject: RE: Gluten-Free Pasta

Dear Harper,

Thank you for your fast reply. We do not pre-boil our gluten-free pasta. As soon as our guests request that their pasta is to be subsituted with a gluten-free alternative, our chefs will boil a fresh pot of water for the pasta as opposed to cooking the pasta in our pasta boilers to avoid cross-contamination. Since we cook the pasta over the stove and not with our pasta boilers, the food may take longer to get to your table.

To avoid waiting while the gluten-free pasta is being cooked, you may call any of our locations ahead of time.

Thank you again for your inquiry. We hope to see you soon at your local Pomodoro!

Ciao, Maricor Resente Office Coordinator

Pomodoro

-----Original Message-----From: FLATCAT9@...

[mailto:FLATCAT9@...]Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 3:18 PMMaricor ResenteSubject: Re: Gluten-Free PastaI heard that the pasta is prepped in common pots, so requesting final cooking in a separate, non-gluten pot of water wouldn't help. Is this the case at any of the Pasta Pomodoro restaurants? Thank you.Harper In a message dated 6/11/07 3:05:11 PM, mresente@... writes:

Dear Harper,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our gluten-free pasta. The only way we can ensure that the pasta is gluten-free is for our guests to request it to be cooked in a separate pot of water. Once our guests have informed the server or the manager of their special dietary needs, our chefs would be more than happy to comply with what you need for a healthy and delicious meal. Thank you again for your inquiry. We look forward to serving you soon at Pomodoro! Ciao,

Maricor ResenteOffice CoordinatorPomodoro

**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

-- Gluten-Free By The Bayhttp://glutenfreebay.blogspot.com

Guest guest

When I asked corporate about the GF pasta about a year ago I was told that the pasta itself was GF but that there wasn't really a company policy about separate water etc. It appears that there IS now a company policy according to H.'s emails. Perhaps this policy was started after you spoke with these locations?I will say that, at the San Mateo location anyway, they did seem to understand the issue and food takes AT LEAST twice as long to come out when our order includes GF pasta, which does indicate to me that there, at least, they were doing something differently with the GF pasta (which is quite good, by the way).Clearly it seems you need to verify the situation at each location.

Get the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.