RemedySpot.com

Pasta Pomodoro says they can't preparely truly gluten-free pasta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The important thing is that listing GF items that aren't GF is quite, quite wrong! This is astonishing!

As I haven't been to a Pasta Pomodoro in years, I'd be going only on hearsay to complain. Those of you have seen the menus are in a more convincing position to write.

H.

In a message dated 6/9/07 8:25:45 PM, isaiah.benjamin@... writes:

At the Emeryville Pasta Pomodoro they explained to me that not only is it routine that they cook the pasta in the same water as the gluten-containing pasta, but that it is not possible for them to serve fully gluten-free pasta because it's preboiled in gluten-containing water. They claimed they couldn't make it for me in a separate pot, and that even if it could it wouldn't matter because they do NOT make their gluten-free pasta to order from dry pasta - They make it from pre-parboiled pasta, which was parboiled that morning (?) in the same water as all the other pasta. In other words, their gluten-free pasta cannot be prepared gluten-free. Even the manager verified this. She said it simply wasn't possible. Please be careful everyone! It may vary from place to place but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe it's time to write to the headquarters of the company? It doesn't seem like asking for pasta to be made from dry to order is that tall an order if their celiac customers are willing to wait for it.

Isaiah

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Perhaps they don't realize that cooking GF pasta in non-GF water is pointless, at best?

H.

In a message dated 6/9/07 8:25:45 PM, isaiah.benjamin@... writes:

At the Emeryville Pasta Pomodoro they explained to me that not only is it routine that they cook the pasta in the same water as the gluten-containing pasta, but that it is not possible for them to serve fully gluten-free pasta because it's preboiled in gluten-containing water. They claimed they couldn't make it for me in a separate pot, and that even if it could it wouldn't matter because they do NOT make their gluten-free pasta to order from dry pasta - They make it from pre-parboiled pasta, which was parboiled that morning (?) in the same water as all the other pasta. In other words, their gluten-free pasta cannot be prepared gluten-free. Even the manager verified this. She said it simply wasn't possible. Please be careful everyone! It may vary from place to place but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe it's time to write to the headquarters of the company? It doesn't seem like asking for pasta to be made from dry to order is that tall an order if their celiac customers are willing to wait for it.

Isaiah

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

IsaiahOn 6/9/07, Aelfie <aelfie@...> wrote:

Even though they offer gluten free pasta, I got glutened tonight. Normal pasta got into my dish, which I didn't notice until after I'd eaten most of it. The manager was quite indifferent about it when I told him that I had Celiacs and that he had a contamination problem. He didn't charge me for the meal, but he just blew me off.

I'm so annoyed! And I have to go to work tommorrow. Ugh!Jen

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Browse Top Cars by " Green Rating " at Autos' Green Center.

-- Gluten-Free By The Bayhttp://glutenfreebay.blogspot.com