RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Gluten-Free Pasta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Here's the response I received from Pasta Pomodor. It doesn't address the possibility that pasta has been prepped in a common pot. I've asked for a response on that question.

H.

In a message dated 6/11/07 3:05:11 PM, mresente@... writes:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our gluten-free pasta. The only way we can ensure that the pasta is gluten-free is for our guests to request it to be cooked in a separate pot of water. Once our guests have informed the server or the manager of their special dietary needs, our chefs would be more than happy to comply with what you need for a healthy and delicious meal.

Thank you again for your inquiry. We look forward to serving you soon at Pomodoro!

Ciao,

Maricor Resente

Office Coordinator

Pomodoro

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Dear Harper,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our gluten-free pasta. The only way we can ensure that the pasta is gluten-free is for our guests to request it to be cooked in a separate pot of water. Once our guests have informed the server or the manager of their special dietary needs, our chefs would be more than happy to comply with what you need for a healthy and delicious meal.

Thank you again for your inquiry. We look forward to serving you soon at Pomodoro!

Ciao,

Maricor Resente

Office CoordinatorPomodoro

-----Original Message-----From: FLATCAT9@... [mailto:FLATCAT9@...]Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:21 AMMaricor ResenteSubject: No Subject

Your menu shows gluten-free pasta, which is exciting to those of us who must eat GF. Is your menu planner aware that GF pasta must be cooked in water that hasn't been used for non-GF foods? If a GF food has any contact with a non-GF material, it isn't safe for people with celiac disease. People with CD who unknowingly eat such food are likely to become extremely ill. Others may not become obviously ill but may suffer silent, long-term effects.I've heard that the GF pasta on your menu is not kept free from cross-contamination, from water or other sources. It would be far better not to offer presumably GF pasta than to present pasta that has been in non-GF water. I hope the information I've received is incorrect, and that you're serving only GF pasta that has been properly prepared, free of contact with other pasta or gluten sources.Incidentally, I was a customer at the very first Pasta Pomodoro in the Marina as soon as it opened. Each week, I ate there more nights than not. This was before I developed celiac disease. The food and service both were a pleasure.Harper 3633 Divisadero Street, San Francisco CA 94123flatcat9@...**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.