RemedySpot.com

Release of my new celiac website, www.sprued.com

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi guys,My roommate and I just finished working on our celiac sprue website: www.sprued.com. I would love it if everyone could take a look, give me some feedback, and ideally, add some content. Currently, the site allows users to swap information about recipes and groceries. We're also planning to add some really cool features in the near future, like the ability to review restaurants and then search for those reviews by location (imagine www.yelp.com, but just for celiacs).Ninety percent of the time, the questions I have about living gluten free falls into three categories: is food X gluten free, what are some new gluten free recipes, and which restaurants in area X (in my case San Mateo and San Francisco) are celiac friendly. As far as I know, the online tools available for answering these questions are fairly crude. Forums and email groups are great for certain purposes, but their unstructured form makes finding specific information difficult.

That is in a nutshell why we wrote sprued. We wanted to provide an online tool to answer the above questions, and make it as user friendly as possible. Let me know what you think!P.S. Keep in mind that sprued is only a tool, and will only become useful with user contributed content. If you have some good gluten free recipes, it would be great if you would add them to the site.