RemedySpot.com

Re: Brazilian cheese bread

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I used to have a recipe for this bread. I found it both on-line and in a book on Brazilian cooking. It sounds quite easy to make -- I always meant to get to it. If anyone is interested in finding a recipe for it, I believe it's called chiba or cheba bread.

H.

In a message dated 6/14/07 10:27:28 PM, mac202@... writes:

Has anyone tried Brazian Cheese Bread? It's wheat and gluten free. I

made the trip from Vacaville to the Benicia Farmers Market tonight

after hearing great reviews of this bread. It was completly worth the

trip. She had them cooking in her little oven and I tried one when it

was warm and I was in heavan. For anyone who has given up on eating

bread you have to try this at least once. She has many different

flavors to choose from. You can visit her website and buy the bread

online or view the list of various farmers markets she attends. I have

some cooking as I type and it smells so good!!

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

I think that's:

http://www.braziliancheesebreadco.com/

It sounded so good I tried the link which didn't work but found it on

the net. It sounds like chebe, no?

On 6/14/07, waddie28 <mac202@...> wrote:

> Has anyone tried Brazian Cheese Bread? It's wheat and gluten free. I

> made the trip from Vacaville to the Benicia Farmers Market tonight

> after hearing great reviews of this bread. It was completly worth the

> trip. She had them cooking in her little oven and I tried one when it

> was warm and I was in heavan. For anyone who has given up on eating

> bread you have to try this at least once. She has many different

> flavors to choose from. You can visit her website and buy the bread

> online or view the list of various farmers markets she attends. I have

> some cooking as I type and it smells so good!!

>

> www.braziliancheesebread.com

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

BIL bought me a package and they're still sitting in my freezer. I'll have to give them a try this weekend. Any cooking tips I should know?

Trudy

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "waddie28" <mac202@...> > Has anyone tried Brazian Cheese Bread? It's wheat and gluten free. I > made the trip from Vacaville to the Benicia Farmers Market tonight > after hearing great reviews of this bread. It was completly worth the > trip. She had them cooking in her little oven and I tried one when it > was warm and I was in heavan. For anyone who has given up on eating > bread you have to try this at least once. She has many different > flavors to choose from. You can visit her website and buy the bread > online or view the list of various farmers markets she attends. I have > some cooking as I type and it smells so good!! > > www.braziliancheesebread.com > > > > >

Guest guest

Did someone want a recipe for this? I found this in my old files. I'm sorry, but I don't know the source, and I haven't made it myself.

H.

Pão de queijo (Cheese bread or cheese rolls)

1 cup of water

1 cup of milk

1/2 cup of oil

1 teaspoon of salt

1 pack of tapioca starch (450 g)

2 to 3 eggs

200 g of grated parmesan cheese

1. Mix water, milk, oil and salt to boil in a large pan. Bring to a boil.

2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tapioca starch. Mix well with a wooden spoon and let it cool down.

3. Put the mixture in a bowl, and add the eggs.

4. Knead well. Brazilians usually knead the dough by hand. It's really hard work. If you prefer, use a mixer to knead the dough.

5. Add the grated cheese and keep kneading until the dough is smooth.

6. Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into small balls. Tip: Grease your hands with oil before making the balls. Wash your hands occasionally if necessary.

7. Place the balls on a baking tray greased with oil or lined with baking paper.

8. Bake the cheese rolls in hot oven (350 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

9. Serve warm.

o This recipe makes about 70 small cheese rolls.

o Tapioca starch can be found in Asian grocery stores. It comes in a clear plastic bag and the standard pack has 450 grams.

o “Pão de queijo†can be served as an appetizer or snack.

o “Pão de queijo†can be frozen and baked directly from the freezer. Place the cheese rolls on a tray lined with baking paper. Put the tray in the freezer. When the cheese rolls are frozen, put them in a plastic bag and put them back in the freezer.

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

This looks like the cheese balls that I found in the frozen food case at Draeger's, except the ones at Draeger's have jalapenos (yum).flatcat9@... wrote: Did someone want a recipe for this? I found this in my old files. I'm sorry, but I don't know the source, and I haven't made it myself. H. Pão de queijo (Cheese bread or cheese rolls)

1 cup of water 1 cup of milk 1/2 cup of oil 1 teaspoon of salt 1 pack of tapioca starch (450 g) 2 to 3 eggs 200 g of grated parmesan cheese 1. Mix water, milk, oil and salt to boil in a large pan. Bring to a boil. 2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tapioca starch. Mix well with a wooden spoon and let it cool down. 3. Put the mixture in a bowl, and add the eggs.

4. Knead well. Brazilians usually knead the dough by hand. It's really hard work. If you prefer, use a mixer to knead the dough. 5. Add the grated cheese and keep kneading until the dough is smooth. 6. Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into small balls. Tip: Grease your hands with oil before making the balls. Wash your hands occasionally if necessary. 7. Place the balls on a baking tray greased with oil or lined with baking paper. 8. Bake the cheese rolls in hot oven (350 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. 9. Serve warm. o This recipe makes about 70 small cheese rolls. o Tapioca starch can be found in Asian grocery stores. It comes in a clear plastic bag and the standard pack has 450 grams. o “Pão de queijo†can be served as an appetizer or snack. o “Pão de queijo†can be frozen and baked directly from the freezer. Place the cheese rolls on a tray lined with baking paper. Put the tray in the freezer. When the cheese rolls are frozen, put them in a plastic bag and put them back

in the freezer.

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.