RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Welcome newbies & genetic markers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Re the predominance of Northern Europeans having CD, I read that too when I was first diagnosed a little more than a year ago. But at the Stanford Conference this last September, one of the presenters said that one of the highest incidences of CD is among children in refugee camps in East Africa. Presumably they had mostly eaten teff and millet before war forced them to flee, and then being given wheat in the refugee camps brought on the CD. So you never know in what populations it might pop up, though that finding suggests a serious link to stress.Best,Sharon WoodMark Morley <1grnthmb@...> wrote: Hi Carla, I was told that the arthritis and many of my other problems were associated with the CD. As H. Just described one auto immune disease my trigger another. I have several different types of arthritis. The Rheumatoid Arthritis , degenerative joint disease and the ankylosing spondylitis (AS) are all associated so I was told. So has been the Iritis, GERD, and Neuropathy. The restrictive lung disease and the severe asthma are a result of the AS so in a way they are also associated. I always wonder that if I had gone gluten free many years before if I would not have such severe problems now.

There is a genetic marker called HLA-B27 for AS and it is also maintained that people with this gene descended from Northern Europe. Everything that I have read on CD also says that it is primarily associated from people descended from Northern Europe. I wonder if there is any GEnetic association between the two and if there is a genetic marker for CD? That would be interesting! Mark