RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Chevy's Restaurant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We found out that Chevy's secret ingredient in their beans, salsa and sauces is soy sauce. We have not gone back :( I do miss the salsa as it use to be my favorite. carlinao <carlinao@...> wrote: I ate at the Chevy's in the Embarcadero a month ago and was so glutened, I was sick for two days. I have no idea if it was the chips, the tortilla soup, or what. I was told the chips and soup were safe. I'm thinking they weren't. > > > My Family wants to meet at a Chevy's Restaurant so I contacted them> > to find out what was safe to eat. I thpught I woul;d share this with> > all of you:> > [snip]> > I do not eat at Chevy's. Between the gluten and the corn, the only > thing on the menu that is "safe" is one of the salads, and I can't

> have anything on it, so it would basically be a plain head of romaine > lettuce for $9. No thanks.> > Even when I could eat corn, I often got sick at Chevy's even when > eating GF. They are right when they say that anything there could be > cross-contaminated. I know that can be true at any restaurant, but it > seem to be especially true at Chevy's.> > Have your dinner before you meet your family there.> > --Ruth Anne>