RemedySpot.com

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,I'm also relatively new to the group and I absolutely love it!My name is Asya and I have been diagnosed with Celiac about 6 years ago due to a very severe anemia. My doctor at the time wanted me to get a blood transfusion to which me and my boyfriend at the time (now husband) absolutely protested since it didn't sound like it would solve anything permanently. When I was finally diagnosed it was such a relief. Among other realizations, I also finally knew why I turned out to be so short (I'm shorter then both of my parents and sister). Besides the anemia, I have no other symptoms and so I also often find myself having ridiculous conversation explaining to people that even a tiny bit is bad for me. I even had a problem with the new MD in Kaiser once: since I was diagnosed while living outside of US, I had to tell her all my medical history when I got to her which I assumed she wrote down. I usually do general blood tests once a year to check on my iron etc and always ask to throw in the Celiac test as well. When it came negative, the doc told me: " You have no Celiac, you can eat normally! " (Duh, I was on a gluten free diet!!)

Too bad I didn't know about the GF food in Disneyland - we were there during the holiday and it was really tough to find food for me. We just kind of assumed that in a big park like that there wouldn't be anything. And we went twice on Space Mountain with my husband glancing towards the pizza place every time we went by!!!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!Asya GelfandOakland