RemedySpot.com

Re:Palo Alto dining out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Here are some local restaurants and eateries to try: - Janta in Palo Alto on Lytton near Emerson: Tell them you don't want deep fried or things with all purpose flour. They will tell you what you can safely eat. I've had lots of success there. My Indian friends tell me the place is good, so if it meets their test, it certainly meets mine. - Estralita's on San near El Camino in Los Altos: They seem to keep a clean process. A co-worker with a celiac son told me about it. Works for me, but I tell them what I can't have. - Panera Bread in Cupertino: Check the San Diego celiac website for the list of foods. Panera also has a book in each restaurant. Of course, don't eat the bread! Some of the soups are GF as is the Asian chicken salad without wontons. - Peiking Duck in Palo Alto on El Camino, north of California: Tell them you can't have soy sauce or oyster sauce

and ask what they can make for you. Bring your own tamari and hoison sauce (Dynasty from Safeway or a GF brand from Whole Foods). - Asqew Grill in San and in several spots in SF. May open in Pacific Commons in SJ: You can send them an inquiry or look at the ingredients in the restaurant. I went to a wedding where the food was catered, and they took very good care of me. http://www.asqewgrill.com/ Of course there is Outback in Cupertino - which I happen to like, but there are better Outbacks in other locations, Texas Roadhouse in Fremont that has a GF menu, and PF Changs, which is not my favorite since finding Peiking Duck. There are really a lot more, I'm sure. Vic-Sunnyvale

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.