Gluten free in Carmel?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I will be going to Carmel next weekend and wondered if anyone has any

recommendations on good restaurants that you've had positive gluten

free experiences with?

Guest guest

I have not specifically tried Carmel restaurants but next door in Monterey these are my favorites. Central Avenue Bakery: They cater to those with c.d. The best carrot cake I ever had. They have lots of cookies, pastries, and make sandwiches and pizza g.f. I haven't tried those, just the desserts. Esteban: A new restaurant that is a Tapas style. I told them I needed g.f. and the waiter brought me out my own basket of g.f. bread. Twice now I have had the hamburger which is served on the g.f. bread. The best burger ever. The ambiance here is nice especially sitting outside by the fireplace. In Monterey there is also P.F. Changs, California Pizza Kitchen where I have enjoyed their salads (no pizza gf). There is Whole Foods and TJ too. There is a Chipotle as well. Have fun. Monterey is just 2 exits before Carmel on hwy 1. Tania <allisonryan82@...> wrote: I will be going to Carmel next weekend and wondered if anyone has anyrecommendations on good restaurants that you've had positive glutenfree experiences with?

Guest guest

I can recommend La Bicyclette (on Dolores St.) if you like cozy, romantic places serving rustic French country fare.

The place is small but can be fun even if it is crowded-the wait staff is friendly and always check with the chefs about whether gluten is in any dish. I've enjoyed the chicken dish on several occasions. Comes with a delicious salad of greens, apples, walnuts (or pecans?)...no croutons but always be sure to ask just in case; the vinaigrette was good and although I usually ask for just olive oil on salads when dining out, ir was nice and light on vinegar. It may also come with cheese-can't remember. Soup comes with the meal, but I had to pass on it as the chef said it contained gluten.

If you like small plates, you may want to try the Cypress Inn (on Lincoln Ave.) They have a delicious cheese plate. Their menu changes often, so you will have to ask what's gluten free. They do have a good burger, and it may still be the only meal that is full size. I have asked for it without the bun and a larger portion of greens, and they are always accommodating and friendly. (If you have a dog, your dog can accompany you at this lovely inn, which has a wonderful sitting area with fireplace, an outdoor patio with fireplace and a great place to enjoy your small plates)! They have teatime in the afternoon, but I think you need to make reservations for that.

The Village Corner (on Dolores) is also one to try. The manager has always been helpful with determining gluten free offerings. This is a nice place to enjoy patio dining on a sunny warm afternoon, and also for breakfasts.

It has been awhile since I've been to Little Napoli (on Dolores), but I always loved their seafood risotto. It was amazing! For awhile it was off their menu but back on again later.

I hope you enjoy Carmel!

Christy

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 7:13 am

Subject: [ ] Gluten free in Carmel?

I will be going to Carmel next weekend and wondered if anyone has any

recommendations on good restaurants that you've had positive gluten

free experiences with?

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.