RemedySpot.com

Re: where can I buy guar gum ? ... and Gluten free baking mixes are at Safeway

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I bought some guar gum when I was in Oregon over the holidays at the Bob's Red Mill store. You can probably order it online there if you can't find it anywhere else. I haven''t checked, but I would guess maybe Rainbow Grocery might have it in SF, other than I'd check the usual haunts like WFs.. I'll let you know if I see it anywhere. I haven't opened mine yet so if you are desparately in need you can come to Berkeley ;-)

-Luther

On Feb 14, 2008 5:13 PM, jeansomlo <jina68@...> wrote:

Maybe I just missed it at the Cupertino Whole Foods when I looked but...I have some recipes which call for guar gum and I can't find it anywhere. I had done some research online and found a site that said

I'd find it at Indian/Pakistani markets. Being in Sunnyvale I thought great since there are Indian markets everywhere but after hitting 3 in a row with no luck (and blank stares as to what the heck guar gum

was), and tried an asian market too (plus Safeway, Lucky and Trader Joe's) I'm thinking I need to put these recipes on hold and order online. UNLESS.. any of you know any local places where I can buy it?

many thanks!JeanPS I stopped at a Safeway I don't usually frequent - the one on El Camino near Wolfe/ (across from PetSmart and Best Buy) in Sunnyvale. They had a bunch of the Gluten-Free Pantry baking mixes as

well as Arrowhead Mills gluten free pizza crust mix - I haven't seen these in my local Safeway. The Gluten-Free Pantry mixes were 10% off. I bought one of each (even though I'm not that partial to using

mixes) because being a club card holder, I wanted to encourage Safeway to bring in more gluten free products and let them notice how much my monthly spend has dropped at Safeway since going gluten free and spending at Whole Foods instead. So heads up if you're interested

in stocking up on the mixes.

Thanks Luther-

I did try the natural food store on California in Palo Alto (can't

remember the name) and they don't carry it but they suggested

Andronico's or Draeger's. I'll try those since they aren't too far from

home but if not, will look online.Thanks for the info - I was actually

supposed to go to a lecture at UC Berkeley tomorrow but had to cancel

so I may have knocked on your door ;-).

Jean