RemedySpot.com

Gluten Free Oats?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I LOVE onlyoats - onlyoats.com. - Quick Flakes is the name of the product (it's a little confusing on the website). My mother, who is not a celiac, also prefers them over every other kind of oat. They are incredibly smooth and creamy - I'm British and we cook ours with Milk - then add cream - but a friend who eats them american style also liked them.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Tree HavenerSent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:45 PM Subject: [ ] Gluten Free Oats?

I just went to order some Gluten-Free Rolled Oats from the Bob's Red Mill online store, and discovered that they're temporarily sold out...which is a bummer, because I'm seriously addicted.Can anyone recommend another type of GF Rolled Oats that they love? I don't really care for steel cut oats, just rolled oats.Thanks!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Yes, Gluten Free Oats are yum! The link

below. I cook them every other morning, and no problems ever. I just found

them and started eating them 3 months ago – highly recommend!

http://www.glutenfreeoats.com/

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Tree Havener

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008

12:45 PM

Subject: [ ] Gluten

Free Oats?

I just

went to order some Gluten-Free Rolled Oats from the Bob's Red Mill online

store, and discovered that they're temporarily sold out...which is a bummer,

because I'm seriously addicted.

Can anyone recommend another type of GF Rolled Oats that they love? I don't

really care for steel cut oats, just rolled oats.

Thanks!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Search.

Columbia University Celiac Center approves of McCann's and Country Choice. Both are available from TJ's and WFM. Longs has McCann's in the imported food section. I'lve had success with both. A number of celiacs have told me of their success with McCann's. In terms of instant or quick cooking, Country Choice is more to my liking. The McCann's quick cooking steel cut are quite good. Both Country Choice and McCann's have excellent steel cut oats that take 30 minutes of cooking. No complaints about Chream Hill Estates. Their oats are great, but they are much pricier and harder to get. Vic

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I second 's recommendation for glutenfreeoats.com . I think they're quite tasty as both hot oatmeal for breakfast and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!! I also really like the fact that they are a home grown business that a high schooler with celiac started as a FFA project... http://www.glutenfreeoats.com/research.aspx

Here is my favorite GF oatmeal cookie recipe...called "monster cookies"... sorry I don't know who to give credit to.

First cream these together in a bowl:1 c. butter

1 c. peanut butter

3/4 c. white sugar

3/4 c. brown sugar

Then add:

2 eggs

3/4 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. GF vanilla

Then add:

1-1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries (optional)

12 oz pkg chocolate chips

2 c GF oats as-is

2 c GF oats - put in a food mill and grind up a bit

1 c chopped walnuts or pecans

Stir together, drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet, bake at 350-375 for approx 15 mins. If you find they fall apart too much, try adding some GF flour mix in lieu of a bit of the ground oats next time.

Enjoy!

-laura

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.