RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: thailand

Rate this topic

Guest guest

it's pretty hard to get away from either sauce... though when I was there, you can ask for vegetarian, which, there, is actually vegan because it is meant for the santi asoke buddhist monks who cruise around some parts of the country.  apparently many of then can consume no animal products (all of this learned from a few concierges at one of our hotels in BK). be careful about fake meats though, which I'm sure you already know.  ;)http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_n219/ai_17434400/pg_3there's a specific word you can use that means no animal products, but I can't remember what it is.On Nov 7, 2007, at 10:21 AM, seamaiden399 wrote:Two other problematic ingredients are oyster sauce (almost alwayscontains gluten) and fish sauce (contains gluten half of the time, atleast in those imported to the US from various countries. TraditionalThai fish sauce MAY not contain wheat, but it's hard to know, and itwill be hard to check the labels.)I don't know how helpful my experience will be, because I've justeaten Thai food in restaurants in the states, but the red, green, andyellow curries often seem to be safe. Have a great trip!->> > Any advise for travelling 10 days in Thailand? I'm> thinking I can bring the GF cards translated into> Thai. Any dishes that are usually made without> hoisin/soy sauce?> > thanks> > joan me:      Stiavettimail:   steph@...blog:   http://www.xtrinity.comeats:   http://www.xtrinity.com/wasabimon/aim:    shiromaguroy!m:    shiromaguro-> looking through a broken diamond-> to make the past what it should be-> through the ruins and the weather-> capsized boats in the sea

I found that the very health-conscious Chinese restaurant where I often ate was prepping everything in soy sauce before the restaurant opened for the evening. I hadn't been able to figure out why I was getting sick when I ate only (presumably) GF foods there. The restaurant was careful about scrubbing all cooking surfaces and pans between each dish, because they were very responsive to the concerns of vegetarians. My servers, who weren't around during afternoon prep hours, truly believed the food I was getting was GF. It wasn't. They were conscientious and generally well-informed about nutrition. One was a nurse, another was a pediatric nutrition student whose brother had CD.

H.

In a message dated 11/8/07 4:46:30 PM, seamaiden399@... writes:

I don't eat meat.. so I always order the vegetarian curries, and they

are generally ok... The veggies and tofu tend to be plain. But you're

right, it's always best to ask. I went to a vietnamese restaurant

where they marinated everything, including the raw fish, in (wheat

based) fish sauce.

-

************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

I had a great meal about one year ago at THAI CHEF, Authentic Thai

cuisine, in San Francisco, 631Broadway Street, SF CA 94133, Tel:

415-291-8089. It's a very low key, no frills restaurant, but the meal