RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Bread Machine & New CD test

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What

kind of a bread machine do you have that has a GF setting?

Hi,

I’m new. I was just newly diagnosed with CD last month after 20

years of seeking answers. I had a complete work up at Stanford and was

told that I had a less than 1% chance of having CD. I was told that I

could probably be fairly certain that I could eat gluten. I wondered what

tests one would take to rule out if I would be in the 1%. I just saw a

new MD and she ran a new test (Gluten

Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete) that is out put out by www.enterolab.com. It will capture

genetic material throughout the length of the entire GI tract. I ended up

having a gene associated with celiac disease and also a non-celiac gene for

gluten sensitivity, which makes my case more sensitive. Also, with the

test, there is a genetic test for dairy related issues. Another gene was

spotted for intolerance of casein. You can read more about it at the

Enterolab website. The reviews of it are good, but it has yet to be

peer-reviewed. It’s only a matter of time because a review of the

test shows that the MDs and gastroenterologists who are utilizing it are loving

it, seeing improvements in their patients, and patients do not have to delay in

getting treatment due to lack of diagnosis.

Karie

Santa

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of christywarnick

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:25 AM

Subject: [ ] Re: Bread from problem = sadness

I used the breadmix from - the original in

the Orange package in

my bread machine and it came off without a hitch. I have't made it

for a long time because I have extreme problems with Yeast, but I do

remember that when I made it, the liquid (I used soy milk) still had

to be warm - a bit above room temperature (and the egss HAD to be

room temperature). I don't recall having to wait 60-90 minutes

though, but my bread machine had a gluten-free setting on it, so

maybe it took care of that on its own. I just threw all of the wet

ingredients on the bottom, the mix on top of that and sprinkled the

yeast on top of the dry ingredients. 2 and a half hours later -

viola! Gorgeous and yummy bread.

Better luck next time.

Cheers

Oh, as a side-note. I've been using the Gluten, Dairy and Yeast-free

mix for a while and I've been very happy with it. It rises and you

get a decent loaf of good-tasting bread, granted its not as " fluffy "

and lovely as yeast-bread, but still good.

>

> Hi,

>

> So I just bought a mix from Breads from , and it's a mess in

my

> breadmaker! The site and the packaging say it will work well, but

my

> Breadman Ultimate just doesn't work with it. It's worked

beautifully

> with every other bread mix I've thrown at it, so I don't

understand

> why 's bread flopped. :(

>

> Today I tried the Gluten, Corn, Dairy, Soy and Rice Free mix, but

the

> yeast doesn't rise at all! I read the packaging, which said that

if

> using a bread machine to NOT use the warm water for the yeast, and

> that the yeast needs to rise 60-90 minutes, or until doubled in

> size. I let the dough sit for almost two hours, and still

nothing.

> I then baked it and of course, it was hard as a rock.

>

> I so wanted to like this company, and I was really looking forward

to

> bread tonight.... I'm heartbroken! Ok, I'm also melodramatic. ;)

>

> Any idea what went wrong? Have any of you used 's in your

bread

> machine, or is it just an overall no-go?

>

>

>

>

> me: Stiavetti

> mail: steph@...

> blog: http://www.xtrinity.com

> eats: http://www.xtrinity.com/wasabimon/

> aim: shiromaguro

> y!m: shiromaguro

>

> -> A word is dead

> -> When it is said

> -> Some say.

> -> I say it just

> -> Begins to live

> -> That day.

>

I have a Breadman Ultimate with a GF settings.On Oct 16, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Karie Klim wrote:What kind of a bread machine do you have that has a GF setting? Hi, I’m new.  I was just newly diagnosed with CD last month after 20 years of seeking answers.  I had a complete work up at Stanford and was told that I had a less than 1% chance of having CD.  I was told that I could probably be fairly certain that I could eat gluten.  I wondered what tests one would take to rule out if I would be in the 1%.  I just saw a new MD and she ran a new test (Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete)  that is out put out by www.enterolab.com.  It will capture genetic material throughout the length of the entire GI tract.  I ended up having a gene associated with celiac disease and also a non-celiac gene for gluten sensitivity, which makes my case more sensitive.  Also, with the test, there is a genetic test for dairy related issues.  Another gene was spotted for intolerance of casein.  You can read more about it at the Enterolab website.  The reviews of it are good, but it has yet to be peer-reviewed.  It’s only a matter of time because a review of the test shows that the MDs and gastroenterologists who are utilizing it are loving it, seeing improvements in their patients, and patients do not have to delay in getting treatment due to lack of diagnosis. KarieSanta    From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of christywarnickSent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:25 AM Subject: [ ] Re: Bread from problem = sadness I used the breadmix from - the original in the Orange package in my bread machine and it came off without a hitch. I have't made it for a long time because I have extreme problems with Yeast, but I do remember that when I made it, the liquid (I used soy milk) still had to be warm - a bit above room temperature (and the egss HAD to be room temperature). I don't recall having to wait 60-90 minutes though, but my bread machine had a gluten-free setting on it, so maybe it took care of that on its own. I just threw all of the wet ingredients on the bottom, the mix on top of that and sprinkled the yeast on top of the dry ingredients. 2 and a half hours later - viola! Gorgeous and yummy bread.Better luck next time.CheersOh, as a side-note. I've been using the Gluten, Dairy and Yeast-free mix for a while and I've been very happy with it. It rises and you get a decent loaf of good-tasting bread, granted its not as "fluffy" and lovely as yeast-bread, but still good.>> Hi,> > So I just bought a mix from Breads from , and it's a mess in my > breadmaker! The site and the packaging say it will work well, but my > Breadman Ultimate just doesn't work with it. It's worked beautifully > with every other bread mix I've thrown at it, so I don't understand > why 's bread flopped. :(> > Today I tried the Gluten, Corn, Dairy, Soy and Rice Free mix, but the > yeast doesn't rise at all! I read the packaging, which said that if > using a bread machine to NOT use the warm water for the yeast, and > that the yeast needs to rise 60-90 minutes, or until doubled in > size. I let the dough sit for almost two hours, and still nothing. > I then baked it and of course, it was hard as a rock.> > I so wanted to like this company, and I was really looking forward to > bread tonight.... I'm heartbroken! Ok, I'm also melodramatic. ;)> > Any idea what went wrong? Have any of you used 's in your bread > machine, or is it just an overall no-go?> > > > > me: Stiavetti> mail: steph@...> blog: http://www.xtrinity.com> eats: http://www.xtrinity.com/wasabimon/> aim: shiromaguro> y!m: shiromaguro> > -> A word is dead> -> When it is said> -> Some say.> -> I say it just> -> Begins to live> -> That day.> me:      Stiavettimail:   steph@...blog:   http://www.xtrinity.comeats:   http://www.xtrinity.com/wasabimon/aim:    shiromaguroy!m:    shiromaguro-> All Nature is but Art, unknown to thee;-> All chance, direction, which thou canst not see-> All discord, harmony not understood,-> All partial evil, universal good:-> And, spite of pride, in erring reason's spite,-> One truth is clear, whatever is, is right.