RemedySpot.com

Re: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've had the combination three or four times. It's not a bit more stressful than having just one -- which isn't stressful at all.

By far the worst part is the colonoscopy preparation. The next worst part is getting a ride to the hospital, sitting in a waiting room, checking in, putting your clothes in a locker . . . The rest is easy.

So, you see, it's just not a big deal. I've had perhaps half a dozen endoscopies. Each time, I've waked up feeling fine, without so much as a sore throat. I spend the afternoon sleeping, because of the aftereffects of the sedative, just as you would with a colonoscopy.

H.

In a message dated 4/24/08 6:29:36 PM, caryn777@... writes:

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day.  (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that).  Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelmI am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the sa

I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had two previous colonoscopies and they were fine).  I figured I would just get them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Caryn Gottfried

**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos. (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

Guest guest

Hi Caryn

No worries! I've had both procedures on the same day and it was a

piece of cake--gluten-free, of course. My doctor sedated me with some

great drugs and when I woke up it was over. I hadn't even been aware

of when it started! He did a biopsy of my small intestine, too, at

the same time. No discomfort during or after. It was nice getting

the invasive procedures over all at once.

Good luck to you.

Erlinda

--- In , " Caryn Gottfried " <caryn777@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the

other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended

that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so,

was it stressful/overwhelming or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend I

have the procedures on separate days?

>

> I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had two

previous colonoscopies and they were fine). I figured I would just

get them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time.

>

> I would appreciate any input.

>

> Thanks,

> Caryn Gottfried

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the reassurance. My only problem with my last colonoscopy was that I got extremely nauseous from the colonocopy prep. The procedure itself was fine. Unfortunately, about three or four people told me that their endoscopy was a "horror." I am glad not everyone had that experience!

By the way, which procedure is usually done first?

Caryn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:22 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

I've had the combination three or four times. It's not a bit more stressful than having just one -- which isn't stressful at all. By far the worst part is the colonoscopy preparation. The next worst part is getting a ride to the hospital, sitting in a waiting room, checking in, putting your clothes in a locker . . . The rest is easy.So, you see, it's just not a big deal. I've had perhaps half a dozen endoscopies. Each time, I've waked up feeling fine, without so much as a sore throat. I spend the afternoon sleeping, because of the aftereffects of the sedative, just as you would with a colonoscopy.H.In a message dated 4/24/08 6:29:36 PM, caryn777earthlink (DOT) net writes:

Hi Everyone, I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelmI am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the sa I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had two previous colonoscopies and they were fine). I figured I would just get them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time. I would appreciate any input. Thanks,Caryn Gottfried**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.4/1395 - Release Date: 4/24/2008 7:24 AM

Guest guest

Thanks, Erlinda. I hope I have a similar experience!

Caryn

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:15 PM

Subject: [ ] Re: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Hi CarynNo worries! I've had both procedures on the same day and it was apiece of cake--gluten-free, of course. My doctor sedated me with somegreat drugs and when I woke up it was over. I hadn't even been awareof when it started! He did a biopsy of my small intestine, too, atthe same time. No discomfort during or after. It was nice gettingthe invasive procedures over all at once.Good luck to you.Erlinda--- In , "Caryn Gottfried" <caryn777@...>wrote:>> Hi Everyone,> > I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after theother on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommendedthat). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so,was it stressful/overwhelming or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend Ihave the procedures on separate days?> > I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had twoprevious colonoscopies and they were fine). I figured I would justget them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time.> > I would appreciate any input.> > Thanks,> Caryn Gottfried>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.4/1395 - Release Date: 4/24/2008 7:24 AM

Guest guest

Trust me, the prep for the colonoscopy is worse than both procedures put together. You'll be fine, you won't even know it started and it will be over. Good luck!Sent from my iPhoneOn Apr 24, 2008, at 6:29 PM, "Caryn Gottfried" <caryn777@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelming or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend I have the procedures on separate days?

I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had two previous colonoscopies and they were fine). I figured I would just get them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time.

Thanks,

Caryn Gottfried

Guest guest

Thanks!

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:32 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Trust me, the prep for the colonoscopy is worse than both procedures put together. You'll be fine, you won't even know it started and it will be over. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:29 PM, "Caryn Gottfried" <caryn777earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelming or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend I have the procedures on separate days?

I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had two previous colonoscopies and they were fine). I figured I would just get them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time.

Thanks,

Caryn Gottfried

Guest guest

Thanks, Melita. I wanted to be awake and aware during my last two colonoscopies (I hate the feeling of losing consciousness!) and I was. However, the endoscopy is a different story. I will consider being more "knocked out!"

Caryn

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:13 PM

Subject: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Dr. Aron is great for doing these procedures. Just tell him to make sure that you don't remember anything or feel anything.I had both done (not at the same time) and he was very considerate of my fear of the procedure. Melita

----- Original Message ----From: Caryn Gottfried <caryn777earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:58:08 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Thanks!

Subject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonosco py

Trust me, the prep for the colonoscopy is worse than both procedures put together. You'll be fine, you won't even know it started and it will be over. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:29 PM, "Caryn Gottfried" <caryn777earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelm ing or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend I have the procedures on separate days?

Thanks,

Caryn Gottfried

Guest guest

yeah the endoscopy they put you in a twilight kinda state because you have to be able to swallow the tube. But they also give you vercet (sp). That's the med that makes you forget what happens to you. I really like Dr. Aron. He's my Dr too. I find him to be very understanding and willing to work with you.But that also could be because I always yell at him - jokingly.I tell him if he can't fix it he better hide, cuz I will find him.But I have lots of other issues beside the celiac. So he knows he is but one Dr in a plethora of Drs. that I see. And they all are in the same building where his office is at CPMC. I like to think of it as one-stop shopping. Good luck.Melita ----- Original Message ----From: Caryn Gottfried <caryn777@...> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:23:29 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonoscopy

Thanks, Melita. I wanted to be awake and aware during my last two colonoscopies (I hate the feeling of losing consciousness! ) and I was. However, the endoscopy is a different story. I will consider being more "knocked out!"

Caryn

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:13 PM

Subject: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonosco py

Dr. Aron is great for doing these procedures. Just tell him to make sure that you don't remember anything or feel anything.I had both done (not at the same time) and he was very considerate of my fear of the procedure. Melita

----- Original Message ----From: Caryn Gottfried <caryn777earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:58:08 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonosco py

Thanks!

Subject: Re: [ ] Endoscopy/Colonosco py

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelm ing or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend I have the procedures on separate days?

Thanks,

Caryn Gottfried

Guest guest

oh, I would much prefer to have them on the same day - less prep, less time out of commission. the endoscopy wasn't so bad - not a joy, but not a big deal either. good luck!On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:29 PM, Caryn Gottfried wrote:Hi Everyone, I am scheduled to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy- one after the other on the same day. (My S.F. doctor, Aron, recommended that). Has anyone had both procedures together like that, and if so, was it stressful/overwhelming or too uncomfortable? Do you recommend I have the procedures on separate days? I am dreading the endoscopy- I've never had one. (I've had two previous colonoscopies and they were fine). I figured I would just get them both over with, but I am open to having one at a time. I would appreciate any input. Thanks,Caryn Gottfried ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^me: Stiavettimail: steph@...eats: http://www.wasabimon.comlike a poem poorly writtenwe are verses out of rhythm,couplets out of rhyme,in syncopated time

Guest guest

I had them both and don't remember either one. I vaguely remember complaining that the colonoscopy hurt and then they must have upped the juice. :o) I recommend doing them both and getting them over with!

Trudy

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Caryn Gottfried" <caryn777@...>

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Caryn Gottfried