RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:is this normal - other sensitivities vansihing after going GF?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Unfortunately, I think that you're mistaken on this. Once you have CD, you have it for life. It doesn't go into remission, ever. Perhaps someday there will be a magic pill, but for now, we must avoid all gluten, forever.

H.

In a message dated 7/2/08 3:26:05 PM, bronwyn@... writes:

I am hopeful that one day my celiac will go into remission and that trace elements won't bother me any more - as I believe is the case for many on this list.

**************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com! (www.tourtracker.com ?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Guest guest

This thread is very interesting - I have seen:- much reduced bouts of iritis- many fewer bugs (if my kids used to come home with something it really was a matter of when, not if I'd get it). I don't get much any more- energy levels back to normal- rare bloatingI felt huge improvements withing weeks and felt great after two months (3 or so years ago), then I started to go down hill ago.The reason was a combination of factors - I have other health issues made much worse due to lack of diagnosis. One of the main ones was that I became more sensitive, the more I dropped gluten. I am now " religious " about it. Not in my kitchen. I rarely eat out. I am careful what my children eat etc etc.I am hopeful that one day my celiac will go into remission and that trace elements won't bother me any more - as I believe is the case for many on this list.B----- Original Message -----From: < > < >Sent: Wed Jul 02 11:04:53 2008Subject: [ ] Re:is this normal - other sensitivities vansihing after going GF?Hi It is amazing how much better you can be overall by getting the glutenout of your diet. I also had very good results. I had been avoiding richor spicy foods for years before I was diagnosed (The doctors just said Ihad heartburn). After going gluten free I was able to add the spicefoods that I love back to my diet with no problems and also could eatthe rich foods with out getting severe stomach aches. I also wentlactose free when I started the diet. This by my doctors orders. Afterseveral months I was able to take small amounts of dairy without anyproblem and without having to take Lactaid before hand. I now can eatcheese and other dairy with out problems but for some reason milk stillmakes me really congested.The benefits that I had included besides the normal: Much less congestion. No more eczema. No longer reacted to lactose(except milk) No longer reacted to spicy foods. No more bouts of IritisBecause of other severe health issues I still have a lot of problemsmost of which my doctors blame on the celiac disease and the years thatI went before being diagnosed.Mark------------------------------------

Guest guest

No I'm not mistaken. Let me clarify. It seems that, while celiac is a lifelong disease, the degree of sensitivity to gluten varies.There is consensus that one should eradicate gluten and that even if you can tolerate a small amount you should not.Nonetheless, some people exhibit hypersensitivity and this makes life paricularly challenging. There have been many studies and raging debate at the tolerable ppm of gluten in diet and that these people were described as in remission.Sorry if I confused anyone.B----- Original Message -----From: < > < >Sent: Wed Jul 02 15:43:40 2008Subject: Re: [ ] Re:is this normal - other sensitivities vansihing after going GF?Unfortunately, I think that you're mistaken on this. Once you have CD, you have it for life. It doesn't go into remission, ever. Perhaps someday there will be a magic pill, but for now, we must avoid all gluten, forever.H.In a message dated 7/2/08 3:26:05 PM, bronwyn@... writes: I am hopeful that one day my celiac will go into remission and that trace elements won't bother me any more - as I believe is the case for many on this list. **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!(www.tourtracker.com ?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Guest guest

exactly, thanks for clarifying.

-----Original Message-----

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of seamaiden399

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 9:45 AM

Subject: [ ] Re:is this normal - other sensitivities

vansihing after going GF?

Reputable Celiac researchers/doctors like Gail Pyle etc. use the term

remission to describe the state when antibodies are down (or not present

at all) and the autoimmune response is not active (due to careful

following of the diet). I don't think the original poster was talking

about permanent remission or being able to eat gluten, just an ideal

state where the body's immune system has calmed down and may be less

sensitive to trace CC.

-

>

> Unfortunately, I think that you're mistaken on this. Once you have

CD, you

> have it for life. It doesn't go into remission, ever. Perhaps

someday there will

> be a magic pill, but for now, we must avoid all gluten, forever.

> H.

> In a message dated 7/2/08 3:26:05 PM, bronwyn@... writes:

>

>

> > I am hopeful that one day my celiac will go into remission and

that trace

> > elements won't bother me any more - as I believe is the case for

many on this

> > list.

------------------------------------