RemedySpot.com

More Snack Foods, need ideas for BC Walk food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am doing the Breast Cancer Walk in SF in Sept. That means they will be making meals for me for three days. Yea we all know thats not going to work. I have to admit I am more intolerant long term of gluten than immediately allergic, so I mostly have to AVOID gluten, rather than cut it out (of course thats not my long term plan.) So the one thing that has been stressing me out about the walk, besides training for a 60 mile walk, is what I am going to eat. They state they will be serving carb-heavy food, which is probably a lot of carbs that I cant eat. So my question is, has anybody done this or a similar walk/run/bike and how did you provide food for yourself, or do you have any ideas for me of things to bring to substitute my meals when I dont have a

cooler or frig, and nobody to deliver food for me. My plan is to bring lots of vanilla ensures, beef jerky and luna bars, and to eat their fruit and food that looks safe or low gluten. I am working on coming up with a good trail mix for myself ( I dont eat nuts), what do you put in yours? Any ideas or past experiences will help me. Thanks!! -Amber Castro I'm Walking 60 miles in 3 days in support of those battling Breast Cancer Donate to the Cure! http://08.the3day.org/goto/Amber_Castro

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.